13. How to no longer be a stranger of Dean Winchester

Hey, thanks everyone again for all the amazing suggestions in the previous chapter, I really appreciate all the support and understanding. Now I already have the next two chapters written and heaps of ideas, so less waiting, yay! I am definitely going to add more Sabriel in due to popular demand, unfortunately this chapter couldn't feature Sam and Gabriel because it would stuff up the timeline but the next couple of chapters will be about them :D Thanks again and enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dean’s POV)

After they had answered some ridiculously boring questions about the periodic table, the elements and other things that Dean wasn't paying attention to, he remembered the list that he wrote last night.

“Hey Cas, you know how yesterday you said we were practically strangers?” the Winchester whispered over to the boy next to him, trying to be as subtle as possible.

Castiel turned in his chair and casually pouted as he thought back to the day before, “Yes, I do. Why?”

“Well after school I wrote this… well it’s a list thing… that will help you get to know me better” Dean smiled effortlessly, a finger faintly tapping his jeans pocket before pulling out a folded piece of note paper.

“That’s cheating. No offence Dean, but if I am to get to know you then I would much prefer to do it by myself, unassisted. But thank you anyway” Cas answered, his expression unreadable as he looked over Dean’s face.

“Casssssss” Dean moaned like a child, “It’s just the basics, you know, like my favourite colour and full name and simple stuff like that.” After a little bit of extra prodding from Dean Castiel shortly caved in and accepted the piece of paper with a defeated smile.

(Castiel’s POV)

Castiel decided that the paper was very Dean. The handwriting was messy but readable, some sort of drink had clearly been spilt on it and it looked like a lot of it had been erased and rewritten. Cas actually laughed out loud at the title, ‘how to no longer be a stranger of Dean Winchester’.

“Nice title” Castiel commented casually with a smirk before beginning to read it out loud. “So, let’s see. Name: Dean Samuel Winchester. Age: 17. Hobbies: Working on the Impala, watching Western films, hanging out with Sammy and (if you tell anyone about this I will hurt you) baking and watching America’s next top model.” Castiel had to hold back a laugh as to not offend Dean. “Favourite music: Metallica, ACDC, Black Sabbath. Favourite food: Pie, pie and pie. Also hamburgers and lasagna (none of that salad stuff, I’m a warrior). Favourite subject: Woodwork, Sport and Physics.” When he had finished reading the list he looked up at Dean and smiled fondly.

“So, what do you think?” Dean questioned nervously while not-so-subtly fiddling with the pen on his desk and deliberately looking anywhere but at Castiel.

Cas considered his answer for a brief moment, “It’s very… you. I love that you love America’s next top model. And I completely agree with you when it comes to burgers, mmmmm.” He licked his lips just thinking about a delicious BLT hamburger in his imaginary hands. “But I do have one question” Castiel added after he realized he was fantasizing about food… delicious food, but still.

“Fire away” Dean challenged, feeling reassured, confident and cocky again now that Cas had approved of his ‘basic’ information.

“You actually like Physics? I mean the impression that I got from our last class… I just would not have expected Physics to make it onto your favourites list.” In fact, during their last Physics class, Dean had seemed completely uninterested in the actual class and spent literally 95% of the time not listening to the teacher or doing the work.