01. Him

Yoichi's POV

The ability to accept something that you don't personally believe in, or that you do not 100 percent understand is a skill that not everyone possesses. As a writer, I must look at both sides of the argument, sympathising with both parties. Using this situation as an example I believe that this is okay, as long as you understand the wrong doing in your actions and are willing to learn and grow as a person to be able to understand. I'm not telling you to ditch your religion or spend the rest of your days researching the subject in question, all I am asking is for you to learn to accept it. Now, if you force your views on others and refuse to accept these things, then we have an issue. The word I would use for you is bigoted. But that could be wrong of me. I can't really comment without educating myself and getting to know you, can I?

I know my parents, though. I've known them all my life (obviously). I know for a fact that they are bigoted and refuse to accept that some people are gay. They won't say it to their faces, oh no. They're too cowardly to do that. We'll walk past a homosexual couple and they'll make an ignorant comment and I'll just have to ignore it. I can't exactly intervene without arousing suspicions, can I? 

I've always displayed more interest in other boys as oppose to girls, but as I've grown I've learnt to repress these feelings and not get attached to anyone. There is one boy I'm attached to, though.

"Yoichi, are you still with us?" Yuichirou jokes, lightly poking my arm and bringing me back to reality. I smile up at him, furrowing my brow slightly and poking him back. Yuichirou. His dark coloured hair that contrasts with his bright green eyes, his slightly golden skin that almost glows, his happy go lucky personality. Him. I know for a fact that Yuichirou is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. Now you may think 'But Yoichi, you're only sixteen, what do you know about love?' and I don't blame you. After all, I've never been in a relationship before, how do I know what it feels like to be truly in love? Well, it feels like how I'm feeling right now I assure you. He's all I think about, all I care about. I never want him to leave my life. 

I wish I had the courage to tell him how I feel, I really do, but the constant fear of finding out he doesn't love me and never will stops me from doing so. Besides, with homophobic parents, what would I even do?