13. Helplessness

Yuichirou's POV

Following Yoichi, I exited the sports hall and halted just outside the door. His eyes still refused to make contact with mine, but that was the least of my worries. 

"What do you want to talk about?" He said with a sharp voice.

"I think you know," I started, gripping the hem of my shirt. "Yoichi, I know it's not my place to force you into saying anything, but...but I really care about you and I need to know you're safe. Please, tell me how you got those marks." Yoichi traced his fingers up and down his arm, presumably where some bruises covered the surface. 

"I don't know if here is really a good place to discuss this, Yuu-kun. We should probably rejoin the others and-"

"And what? Allow this to keep happening to you? You don't deserve to have to suffer in silence, Yoichi." I placed both my hands on the upper half of his arms, desperately gazing down at him. 

"I don't want you to get hurt as a result of my big mouth..." He uttered finally. "I'm not allowed to talk to you, especially about what happens at home...and if I got caught, or they found out....they could take it out on you...and I can't let that happen." 

"Yoichi...it's hurting now to see you like this. I love you so much, dude...please let me help you." My voice cracked as I spoke and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop a few tears slipping out. The mere thought of someone taking their anger out on someone as innocent as Yoichi, just because their  views conflicted with his own was heartbreaking. He shook his head slowly, murmuring something quietly before fisting his hands into his hair.

"I don't know what to do...Yuu-kun..."  He squeaked, taking a step forward and resting his head in my chest. "I feel like I'm trapped and I can't escape. Everything I do is in fear that my parent's will disapprove of it." I looked down at the boy before me, slowly taking his cold hands in mine. 

"We'll figure something out, Yoichi. And I'll be here for you until and after this is sorted." 

~

Hey!

I'm sorry this chapter is short/took so long to come out. I've had no inspiration to write, but I'm still determined to finish this lmao.  

I hope you have a good day/night!

-TeenyWeenyCoconut