11. Truth

Yuu's POV

1 week later

The distance between Yoichi and I only grew as the days passed. Every time I went to strike up a conversation he'd become cagey and would blatantly lie about how he was. I can tell when he's lying- he will stutter and avoid eye contact, as well as blushing.

We entered the boy's changing room and began stripping, sliding on t-shirts and shorts. The others were laughing, pushing one another around and mocking them in a friendly sort of way. My gaze drifted towards Yoichi, who to my surprise wasn't changing at all. Instead, he sat on the bench, fiddling with his PE shirt and staring off into space.

Most of the boys poured out of the changing room, all happily chatting with one another. I took a few steps out of the changing room myself before making a swift 180 and heading back in. I knew I'd forgotten something, and this time it was my water bottle. Before even coming close to reaching my peg, my gaze fell on the only other person in the room.

The entire world seemed to stand still with only my eyes moving, scanning the presence before me as he stared back with complete fear in his own eyes.

"Yoichi..." I managed, choking back tears. The brunette jumped slightly as if my voice had awoken him and he grabbed for something to cover his body. Despite his efforts, I had still seen it. The image of dark and lighter coloured bruises that plastered his pale body began flashing in my memory as he quickly slipped his shirt on. "...What happened?"

"Don't make a big deal out of it, Yuu-kun, please..."

"Did they do this to you?"

"Yuu-kun...please, I don't want to talk about it."

"Why did they do it? Did this happen when they took you back? Yoichi, why didn't you tell me? I could've-"

"Stop!" Yoichi's raised voice startled me slightly. I had never heard him shout before. "What part of that don't you understand? I said I didn't want to talk about it, so just...just drop it." I stood completely still. Yoichi's glare as he gripped the material on his shirt seemed to burn right through my flesh, yet I still didn't make a sound. His body visibly relaxed, tears overflowing and finally tipping down his cheeks. As if it was in my instincts I stepped forward, lightly wrapping my arms around his small, shaking body.

The silence was painful, like every passing second was another knife being forced through my heart. Yoichi eventually pushed away, his eyes fixed on the ground, presumably to prevent making contact with my own.

"We had better go before we get in trouble."

~

Hello!

Sorry this chapter is so short, I've rewritten this shit like three times because it sucked that bad originally lmao.

Anyways, I hope you have a good day/night >:D

-TeenyWeenyCoconut