02. Sectaire

Yuichirou's POV

I smile down at the smaller boy as he updates me on how his novel is coming along. I really hope he can get someone to publish it, they'll be missing out if they don't. He takes his writing very seriously and  I could honestly listen to him talk about it for hours on end, about how he doesn't want it to be cliché, how he doesn't want it to have too much filler, how he calls me when he has writers block. That last one makes me love Yoichi more than I already do. No homo, but Yoichi is the sweetest, cutest, most thoughtful guy I've ever met. 

It pains me to see how unsupportive Yoichi's parents are of him. Everything he does, they just feel the need to put him down. What really annoys me is that they don't like that he is a writer. Like, have you read his material? Whenever I ask them why they just respond with "He probably wont even make it big" or "if he focuses on writing when he flops he'll have nothing to fall back on". I can't wait until we can afford to move in together so we can escape the negativity of his family.

"I think I'm going to tell them tonight," He says, the sweet smile vanishing from his face. I stop, holding his shoulders lightly and facing him.

"Are you sure? You don't have to, dude."

"No, I want to. I can't live like this forever. I don't want to have to hide who I am." I look at those familiar green eyes, a dull mist spreading over them. I can tell he doesn't want to, I can tell he's scared.

"Call me straight after you've done it, okay?" I pull him into a tight embrace, wrapping my arms around his upper body.

"Okay."