07. Promises

Yoichi's POV

My eyes slowly budged open and I pushed myself into an upright position, allowing a yawn to escape my mouth. My tired gaze floated over to the opposite end of the couch where Yuu was staring blankly at the television, slowly beginning to nod off.

"Yuu-kun," I started, loud enough to bring him back to the real world. My eyes fixed on his fingers that wrapped around the handle of a mug. "Perhaps you should put your cup down before sleeping." I smiled warmly up at him before rubbing my eyes. He returned the smile, the sharp sound of the porcelain coming into contact with the wood of the coffee table adding ambience to an otherwise quiet room. 

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, shuffling to sit closer to me. 

"Yup," I nodded, leaning against him. I glanced up at him, smiling sleepily. He thrusted his hand through my slightly knotted hair, intertwining the strands between his fingers. 

"Yoichi," He mumbled, breaking the silence we had created. "My mom comes home tomorrow, and I was speaking to her on the phone." I sat up straight, enabling myself to look into his eyes, ensuring he was aware I was giving him my full attention.  "She's going to ring your parents." I felt my heart sink and my face became pale to my very lips.

"What will happen if that happens?" 

"I don't know. You could go back, or she could send you off to a social worker, either way I wont be able to see you as much, if at all." Yuu turned his head and stared at the floor, his eyes twitching as if he was trying to restrain himself from crying. 

"Yuu-kun..." I placed a hand lightly on his shoulder, before he took it firmly in his own hands.

"Yoichi, I said I'd look after you, I said as long as I'm here, you'd be safe. I plan to keep my word." The larger male pulled me into an embrace. I buried my face into his shoulder and it was my turn to keep myself from crying.