When Rayne Falls

HELLO adoring fans! If you're here, that means you're reading my NEW version of When Rayne Falls. I have a lot of big plans for this one so I'll be posting more messages about my updated chapters. Thanks for the support guys, I love you all.

I know I describe my characters with a specific style, but please, feel free to imagine them all however you'd like!

I know many of my fans are into the "alternative" styles, and my characters are based off of my own preferences.

Don't forget to FAN, VOTE, and COMMENT! Message me with any questions.

Rayne's POV

The eyes followed me like silent shadows. No matter which direction I turned in, there was a curious pair of eyes watching me. The burning sensation on the back of my neck made me feel too vulnerable, too foreign. The day had just begun and already I felt too exhausted to complete the rest of it.

I looked around the long hallways, avoiding eye contact with anyone. The new faces and looks of apprehension made me highly uncomfortable and I was already unbearably anxious and socially awkward.

I walked to an empty doorway and pulled my new schedule out of my back pocket. The confusing piece of paper with block scheduling and tiny print annoyed me. It was difficult moving from England, where the schooling system on its own is entirely different than my new home of Maine, but this was a new level of confusion I was trying to understand.

I couldn't figure out how the bell schedule worked here, but I stepped back into the slightly crowded hallways to make my way towards where I believed I was supposed to go. I walked as quickly and quietly as I could, past the stereotypical cliques that inhabited the school's many hallways and classrooms. There were the jocks, the too-smart outcasts, the loners. I would be one of the last group; not really fitting in anywhere.

Keeping my head low, I went in the direction of the main office, which the signs on the walls guided me towards, if I was reading them correctly. Very quietly, I heard whispering behind me, coming from a male and directed to a young girl beside him.

"Do you know who that is?"

"No, I've never seen him here before though."

I walked more quickly towards the office, not wanting to make a spectacle of myself. As calm and collected as I was trying to be, my anxiety was already off the charts, and the hatred of being the new kid bit at the back of my head viciously.

As I approached the office, a few kids walked out, the last one holding the door open for me. I walked inside the bright office to the front desk. The round middle-aged woman looked up, a kind smile upon her cheery face. Dark circles lingered underneath her eyes, as if she were smiling through a million black clouds. But I'd been told I did have a tendency of looking into people too quickly. I was always scolded for observing more than I should.

Anyways, there she sat smiling up at me, and all I could do was flatten my schedule out in front of her. She picked it up delicately, and gave a little huff of recognition.

"Ah. Rayne Evans, the new transfer student. How's it going so far?" She asked kindly, typing something into the computer in front of her.

"I haven't spent enough time here to give you an honest answer." I murmured quietly, my English accent twisting heavily around my words. I stared at the wall behind her head.

She pursed her lips and gave a slight chuckle, a very happy, comforting sound.

"It gets easier with time."

My lips twitched as she looked up at me, and I knew that she saw it. However, she didn't comment and instead handed me back a freshly printed paper with a much easier schedule to understand, and a small pink pass with 7 empty lines.