When Rayne Falls- Chapter Four

Artfxct

FAN, VOTE AND COMMENT!

Demetri's POV

Rayne didn't come over that day after school. He didn't come over the day after that either, though he had my address. I also began to notice the tension between him and Jace. They never spoke, or even looked at one another.

The following Friday was the start of our winter vacation. Shelby came over, and I took the opportunity to see if she knew what was going on.

What's up with Jace and Rayne? I scribbled out as we lounged on my bed. She shrugged slightly, shifting so her head was on my lap.

"I don't really know or care. I tried asking and he didn't give me an answer. You know how Jace is." She responded.

I did know Jace. He was mean, kind of a dickhead, but he had his reasons. I still had no idea what he had against Rayne, but if Jace was keeping his distance, there had to be a reason.

In all the years I had known Jace, he had never gotten involved with anyone, although several people had tried. Jace was quite the stud, but he didn't seem to care much. He avoided what he could, so it made sense to avoid a new student. But after Rayne became friends with the rest of us, it didn't make sense why.

Distracting me from my thoughts, Shelby sat up and looked at me with a contemplating look in her eyes. I watched her curiously as she shifted to straddle my waist. Instinctively, I placed my hand on the back of her neck, pulling her face to mine, kissing her softly. Her lips became more urgent against mine and I kissed her harder, more deeply. I let my hand slide into her hair, my other hand down her waist, before letting my fingertips trail along the soft skin of her lower back. Her lips controlled mine, moving with a roughness she rarely used with me. She bit down on my lip, and if I could have moaned, I would have at that moment. I parted my lips slightly, allowing her tongue to caress my own. Her sigh of pleasure escaped as I moved my lips to her neck, nibbling, sucking, and teasing her softly. I shifted so that she was under me, her legs around my waist, and I kissed down her neck to her chest, lifting the fabric of her shirt up to reveal her tummy. I kissed it and she squealed slightly- she was awfully ticklish. She pulled my face back up to hers and kissed me again, softer this time. I pulled away and rested my head on her chest, her breathing heavier than usual. She stroked the hair away from my eyes.

"I have a question," she said quietly. I looked up at her and raised my brows, so that she knew to ask. She bit her lip before continuing. "When will it happen?" She asked softly. I immediately knew what she meant- when would we finally sleep together. In all the years that Shelby and I had been together, we hadn't actually had sex. We'd done plenty of other things, but I had always stopped her before it got that far. I didn't know why exactly- I always felt like she wasn't ready. I'd mentioned it at one point a few months before, but she never seemed like it was something she was ready for. I was genuinely surprised that she was asking me now, after all this time. I looked at her and mouthed the words- she knew me well enough to read my lips when I didn't feel like writing.

Do you actually want to? I mouthed and she nibbled on her finger.

"I think I'm finally ready. We've been together two and a half years. I don't want to wait anymore. I love you." She said, kissing my nose. Immediately- me being a guy- I was excited by the thought of finally being with her in that way. I loved her more than anyone, and I knew that it was something I wanted as well. I gave her a small nod, and I knew she understood that it wouldn't be tonight- I'd find a way to make it special on another night.

For the remainder of her time at my house, we watched Frankenstein and then she left with my kiss, walking down the street in the light snow to her own house.