When Rayne Falls- Chapter Eighteen

I think a lot of you will appreciate this chapter! >:)

Demetri's POV

I knew Rayne was pissed off at me. But I was even more pissed off at him. After whatever we had, right when he started dating Jace, I was able to move on. If it weren't for him I wouldn't have known I liked guys too.

Okay, well I actually didn't think I liked guys. I think I only liked Rayne. I didn't know why, but neither before nor after everything with Rayne did I ever look at a guy with romantic interest. Was there a name for that?

Anyway, now I was even more pissed off. It's like nobody could resist falling for him. Why was he so fucking irresistible? I thought I was over it. But now I knew he was in his house with his ex-boyfriend, after being with his current boyfriend, and there was no room for me anywhere. Which was shitty, because I really still had a thing for him.

I cared about Jace, and I would never think that he didn't deserve to be happy. But I would give anything to lay beside Rayne and know more about him.

Part of me was angry with myself because if I had let us keep going those times we kissed, maybe I would have left Shelby sooner, maybe Jace would have never been able to make Rayne fall for him. Maybe he and I would be together right now.

I had to stop myself when it came to these thoughts. I loved Shelby. There were still nights when I found myself rolling over expecting her small frame to be next to mine. There were still funny things I saw on the internet that I wanted to send her because I knew she'd find them hilarious. We barely ever saw each other and when we did it was a weird, hollow kind of meeting. I couldn't tell if she'd moved on, but I wanted her to be happy. She truly was amazing, and seeing her happy would be enough for me.

My anger was more towards the fact that I had nobody now, I had opened myself up and left myself vulnerable, and everybody chose something or someone else. I made a few mistakes, but I liked to think that I'd always been a decent person. I loved deeply, and ultimately, telling Shelby was not only for my sake, but for her to feel like I was putting her into consideration. And I paid the price for it, but when would my happiness come around? In the entirety of my life, there were only two people I ever felt a need to be with. And now I had neither.

I woke up the morning after dropping Cody back off at Rayne's with a weird, anxious feeling in my chest. Jace had texted me last night to ask if I was still with Cody and I told him I'd dropped him off at Rayne's. He never answered me after that.

I showered and got dressed before heading out to Jace's. It was a Saturday morning, and it was surprisingly sunny and not freezing out. I wanted to check on Jace and find out what was going on. Maybe he knew more than I did.

I rang the doorbell because it was barely eleven in the morning and I knew I'd startle anyone in the house if they weren't expecting me. I waited a moment and saw Shelby's face peek through the window. She opened the door and gave me a small smile.

"Hey you." she said, stepping aside for me to go in. Sometimes it was uncomfortable being here because the only reason Jace and I became friends was because I was dating his sister. Thankfully, Jace didn't hate me for what happened between all of us, but it was still very uncomfortable.

I smiled back before signing.

Is Jace up?

"Yeah, I think he's in the kitchen." She said, before shutting the door behind us and walking away. I made my way to the kitchen to see Jace sitting at the counter, his phone in his hands. He was watching his screen intensely. I knocked on the wood in the doorway to alert him that I was there. I hated having no voice. He looked up quickly, then sighed ever so slightly.