When Rayne Falls- Chapter Eleven

Hey everyone, I have more than one long chapter being uploaded here today in recognition and gratitude of reaching 10K followers on here. That's absolutely incredible and I still can't wrap my head around it. 

I hope you enjoy the direction I'm going with this story. Much of it has not been edited fully, but I believe I owe you all a long chapter anyways. 

As always, feel free to follow me on instagram at neh.li, and ALWAYS share my story!

FAN, VOTE AND COMMENT. I love you all so very much.

Demetri's POV

The blood rushed to my face as I pocketed my cell and threw on a sweatshirt. Shelby decided to sleep at her own house for tonight after our conversation. I grabbed my keys and jumped into my car, driving to his house as calmly as I could. I had no idea what to say or what would happen, but I was nervous to see him again.

I was in front of his house within a few minutes. My anxiety spiked as I walked up the path leading to his front door. I took a deep breath before raising my hand to knock, but as I was about to, the door opened and there stood a shirtless Rayne. My eyes trailed down from his big eyes to his skin, seeming so smooth in the dim light shining behind him. He was so slim and toned, it seemed strange to me that a person could look so wonderful no matter how little they tried.

"Hi," he said, opening the door more. I walked in and gave him a quick half-hearted smile. The last time I was here, we'd kissed. He shut the door and then walked past me, motioning for me to follow. I followed him up to his bedroom, where I sat down on his bed and saw his new phone sitting on his desk. He didn't even glance at it; his eyes were on me. It could have been my imagination, but his cheeks seemed rosy, almost as if he were flushed.

I bit my lip, my anxiety and anticipation incredibly high. He went over to a drawer and pulled out a shirt, pulling it over his head and covering his slim frame. I wasn't even shocked at myself when I realized how upset it made me to see him cover himself up.

"So...will you tell me what happened?" he asked, closing his door and coming over to the other side of his bed. I sighed silently, collecting my thoughts. Then I signed to him what I could.

I explained how I had left the day we kissed because I was confused. I explained how I didn't feel the same towards Shelby ever since. I told him how I thought about him at strange moments, and how confusing it all was for me. I left out parts about Jace in order to keep the conversation about us; to admit that I was jealous would be an understatement.

And last, I have to admit that I've missed us being friends. I signed.

"We've always been friends." he said, still watching me.

The room was very silent, and I noticed that we were both staring at each other intensely. My mind continued to jump to images of him and Jace earlier, the thought of Rayne's lips and tongue lit me like a flame. He seemed as still as a statue; his eyes fluttered back and forth between my own, and in that moment I forgot about everything else. I leaned in swiftly, placing my hand behind his neck and pulling him into me, kissing his lips with a desperation I had never known before. His lips froze against mine, but moments later they were moving against my own with the same intensity. This time, I pushed him down, pressing my body against his, nibbling on his lip softly. A soft moan escaped his lips, and it sent me into a frenzy. Never in my life had I experienced something so satisfying, yet frightening at the same time. I slid my hands under his shirt with shaky hands, not knowing what I was doing, but also knowing I didn't want to stop. In that moment, I wasn't thinking about the future. I was thinking about me and him only. I sucked on his neck softly, pulling his shirt up and over his head quickly. I looked back at him for a moment, and could see his face was incredibly rosy and his breath was coming in slightly sped up, ragged intervals. He was so beautiful. With his shirt out of the way, I moved my lips down his chest, letting my tongue trace along his skin slowly and softly, tasting his sweet, hot skin. I had never done anything like this before, and I was terrified.