Chapter Three~

Travis's POV

"It's quite remarkable..." The doctor said, looking at me. "I am surprised that you are alive, it is actually quite scary." He said "You did receive two wounds that would clearly classify you a dead man, hmm, we will probably have to look more in on that, but we'll save that for later." He said. Zane gave my hand a little squeeze as he looked up at me. I was sitting on the edge of the little hospital bed.
"If you don't mind we'd like to run a few tests, to make sure everything is normal." He said. Zane and I both nodded. The doctor then got ready to run a blood test.
Zane had insisted that we go to the doctors office for this. He seemed more freaked out about this than I was.
I put my hand on my stomach. Both Zane and the doctor said that I was shot twice, one in the head and the other in the stomach the whole idea of me dying made me sick, but still, I was jut as confused as everyone else.
The doctor put a needle in my wrist, which made me flinch in pain slightly, and drew the blood into a small vile.
"How are you feeling?" Zane asked. "I feel fine, like nothing happened.." I replied, looking at him straight in the eye.
"Good, I just don't want anything to happen to you, I don't think I can stand to loose you again.." He said. I smiled.
"Don't worry, I'll be around for a long time!" I exclaimed. Zane grinned. "You better!" He said.

*Time Skip.*

After a whole slew of tests, I was finally able to go home.
Zane seemed incredibly happy and he was smiling more than I have ever seen him.
We got home and Zane opened the door. We walked inside.
"This place is a mess.." I stated as I looked around the disarrayed living room.
Books were in a pile near the couch which was covered with blankets. Crumpled paper littered the floor.
There were stacks of My Little Horsies Dvd cases next to the tv.
"What did you do while I was gone?" I asked, but Zane didn't hear me, he started to clean up the mess.
I closed the front door and turned on the overhead light. I would have helped but Zane wouldn't let me. He made me go into the kitchen and sit at the table.
Zane cleaned up pretty quickly and walked into the kitchen. He started to go through cabinets. "What are you looking for?" I asked.
Zane paused for a moment. "I have no idea actually, something to eat..?" He said.
I stood up and opened the cabinet over the refrigerator. I grabbed a box of chocolates cupcake mix. "How does this sound to you?" I asked. Zane glared at me. "You mean to tell me that we had stuff to make cupcakes this entire time and no one told me about them!?"