Chapter Six~

Travis's POV.

I looked up at him nervously. I bit my lip and my my hand trembled as I anticipated the answer.
I had a bad feeling he was going to reject. "Um..." He said, looking flustered. I looked down in defeat.
"Oh my Irene, YES!" He squealed. I smiled and jumped up, wrapping my arms around him and picking him up, spinning him around.
I lost my footing and we both fell into the lake, laughing. I sat up and pulled him into a kiss. I pulled away a few moments later and took to ring, slipping it on his ring finger.
I let out a high pitched squeal and pulled him into a big hug. Tears of happiness welled up in my eyes.
I picked Zane up and carried him out of the lake. A gust of cold wind hit and left us both shivering.  I put him down and looked straight into his eye. "I love you!" I exclaimed, hugging him again. He hugged back. "I love you too." He said.
I spun around when I heard someone cock a gun. "What're you kids doing in my property!?" A man yelled, holding a rifle. He wore a baseball cap and had a grey beard, had green eyes, he wore a blue shirt and black jeans with cowboy boots. "S-sorry Sir, I didn't know anyone owned this." I said. "Oh, then why didn't ya say so." The man said sarcastically. "NOW GET OFF BEFORE I FILL YOU BOTH FULL OF BULLETS!" He yelled.
Zane and I both took off running. "Smooth move!" Zane said. "How what I supposed to know!?" I asked.
We both ran until we got back to the neighborhood, and by that time we were both out of breath. I checked my phone and it was 4:30 am,  I just now realized how long we were out there.
We both went inside and laid on the couch.
Zane fell asleep almost instantly while I, who was hyped up on three cups of coffee, laid there watching tv. I looked down at Zane who had his face buried into my chest and smiled. I was so happy that he said yes, I felt like I was going to explode.