Chapter Fifteen~

*Laughs Nervously.*
~~~

  Zane's POV.

  A week has past and none of it was easy. I had woken up every morning and thrown up, I hardly had gotten any sleep and overall I was just stressing over many things. It was the morning of Travis's trial and I was getting Rose and myself ready, which was proven difficult sense Rose had refused to leave her room.
  I stood there knocking at her bedroom door which she had locked. "Rose, sweetheart? Can you please get ready and come downstairs? We have to leave in thirty minutes." I said. "No!" She exclaimed. I sighed and walked down the stairs. I've been trying to get her down here for the past hour and now it was getting aggravating. "Rose!" I called again after five minutes, still she didn't come downstairs.
I then remembered something out father used to do to is if we didn't get ready in the morning. I always hated when he did it but it was effective.
I stood at the foot of the stairs and took a deep breath. "ROSE RO'MAEVE YOU BETTER BE DOWN HERE AND DRESSED IN THE NEXT TEN MINUTES, I AM NOT AFRAID TO BREAK DOWN THAT DOOR!" I yelled. Sure enough she was down stairs eight minutes later. I sighed gratefully when I saw her standing at the bottom of the stairs, we had to get going now if we wanted to get to the courthouse in time.
We walked out of the house and I locked the front door but paused, I had the creepy feeling that I was being watched by something, I looked around but saw no one, I shrugged it off and put Rose in the car, buckling her up before getting into the drivers seat.

*Time Skip.*
(Sorry I don't know how trials go, I'm literally looking at a website to help me but it might not be accurate..)

  I sat in the back and waited, I was sitting in between Rose and Garroth, who I was still mad at. Garroth turned to me and tried to make a quick apology but was cut off by the judge hitting the gavel on the podium thing. I saw Travis be led out in handcuffs and police on either side of him. He looked worse than I did, like he actually didn't get any sleep at all and he looked stressed. I don't blame him though, anyone would be if they were in his situation. A man walked out behind him which I was guessing was the lawyer, but the question was, who and what was he, it hurt my brain just thinking about it.
"Now." The judge spoke. "We have the defendant, Travis Valkrum-" The judge was cut off by some woman who was sitting not to far away from me. "That bastard killed our Daughter!" She yelled. I instantly felt a pit of anger in my stomach. Some other people that were with her started to agree with her. The judge hit the gavel again. "Order in the court!" He exclaimed, making everyone fall silent. "Let's begin with the trial, Mr. Ross, can you step forward and present your evidence." He asked. The lawyer that was with Travis stood up. "Yes your honor." He walked out in front of the two tables. "My client has been accused of a drive by shooting that he claims that he was never a part of, and he claims to have been a victim of it himself. How do I know he's telling the truth, well right here in my hand is the death certificate of Mr. Valkrum." He said, handing them to the judge. "Objection!" One of the other people on the other side exclaimed. "Overruled." The judge said, handing the documents back to Ross. "They seem legitimate." He said. "Ok, the others may provide their evidence." He said. Two men walked up after Ross sat back down.
  The men showed that damned video again. "As you can see your honor, the defendant is clearly seen in the car, holding the gun that was used to shoot said victims." One of the men said. "Objection!" Ross exclaimed. "Granted." The judge said. "As you can clearly see right here.." Ross said, walking up to the screen where the video is playing. "My client is clearly seen right here in the far corner, going on about his daily life, he could have easily been framed." He said. "Explain then why we found his fingerprints on the gun found at the crime scene." The other man said. Ross seemed at loss for words, be just stayed silent and returned to his seat, shifting uncomfortably.
The rest of the trial went on normally and I was afraid that Travis was going to lose this. I was called up to the stand a few times to give my perspective, but I doubt it helped a lot.
"Well, that's seems to be all of the evidence, its all up to the jury at this point but we'll take a short recess." The judge said, hitting the gavel again before standing up. Everyone flooded out of the court room.

*Time Skip.*

  "And the defendant is-" I held my breath as I awaited an answer, but one of the jury members was cut off by the courtroom doors slamming open. "Your Honor!" Someone yelled. We all turned our heads to see Aphmau. "Who are you?" The Judge asked. "I'm Aphmau, professional Ex Sassy Lawyer, and I have evidence to prove that Travis Valkrum is indeed innocent!" She exclaimed. "Well, go ahead, show the evidence." He said. "Heh, well about that I don't have any physical evidence with me, but hear me out, the reason that proves that he is innocent, is the factor of love." Aphmau said. "What?" The judge asked. "Travis Valkrum couldn't have committed the crime because he claims to have died in it, which is true, but he had been dead for three weeks before coming back to life, and the Travis that I know, couldn't stay away from the one he loved dearly for that long, and the one that he loves dearly is indeed, Zane Ro'Maeve." I felt my cheeks heat up as everyone's eyes landed on me. "And that's why he couldn't have committed the crime." Aphmau said, turning around and walking towards the seats, casting a quick death glare at Ross.
  She sat right in front of my and turned to look at me, smiling brightly and give two thumbs up. I smiled back. But my attention was brought back to the judge. "Jury?" He asked.
  The same woman from the jury stood up. "After consulting we have come to the conclusion that Travis Valkrum is indeed..." I held my breath again.
  "Guilty."