27 | Hexangular

I was falling.

And in that moment the only thing I could focus on wasn't the screams from outsiders, or the roar escaping Kieran's mouth as he shifted back into human form and stared me directly in the eyes as he watched my outstretched hands flailing before me.

No.

It was the sound of the wind rushing around me as the thin material on my dress began to shred, giving it an entirely new look. It was the way my hair scratched and scrapped at my face as my eyes took in Kieran's--the old Kieran's eyes, as he dropped his body over the broken window ledge and began to cry.

I could feel the ground coming closer and closer as Kieran's earthy eyes closed and let his tear drop.

I breathed in a breath as that single tear drop of his true inner pain dropped at a heavenly speed through the air. My fingertips felt as they were yearning to feel what he felt and make it become my own suffering just before I let the world slip by. They stretched and wiggled in a slow and torturous way that when that single tear drop finally touched my skin, the world froze.

My body paused in mid air as the world became lost in time. I watched in awe as the tear spread across my fingertip and started to shimmer in the sun's light. The orange and yellow hues turned to a darker red as it morphed into a dull purple, only to spring to a vivid indigo color.

The dark blue encased my fingertip as the world started to vibrate. I watched as the tear sunk beneath my skin, it's emotions folding and caving into my blood and effecting the beat of my heart.

It felt like what I imagined death to feel like. Only...it seemed to be more of a fresh breath of air than a suffocating one.

And I took it all in.

In a rush, the emotions spread like a wildfire. Every fiber in my body became electrified and my chest pounded. My mouth spread open as I gasped loudly. I threw my head back as the sensation of everything known to the universe coursed through my whole being. Taking hostage of my heart and my soul, Kieran's raw emotions changed me. And in that moment it was peaceful.

That is until the dark figure appeared in a tornado of black smoke and vivid sapphire eyes. "No!" It shouted in a riveting voice as the sky turned hazy and started to fracture. One jagged line connecting another, the rift to the world started to fracture.

I could feel the dark figures panic as it rushed to my side, gliding on its own wave of terror and secrets. It's intangible hands gripped me once before drawing back to stare at the thundering sky. Clouds had formed, their shapes taking the faces of hells demons and gods damned. But I wasn't afraid. I was welcoming the darkness. Wishing that it would consume me and take away all my pain. All my pain.

"It's not your pain!" The figure turned its face back to me. "Caelia, honey, you have to stop this!"

Caelia? I thought and tried to remember who or where I could have heard that name from. It sounded so painfully familiar and I was writhing inside just trying to figure it out.

"He's tricking you!" The figure cried and the closer I looked into its eyes, the more I started to see a face. In a wave of uncertainty, the black shield around the figure started to peal away as the dark figure reached behind itself slowly. "You must stop this honey, or else I'll have to."

Honey? Why was it calling me that?

I could feel myself--the real me--slipping back into my body. But the moment the darkness felt the same thing, it stung me with an icy flame of bitterness and loathing.

I glared at the figure as it inched closer to me. I was terrified in my lonely pit of reality the darkness allowed me to have as it let me watch the show. But I could see the walls closing in as the figure came closer and closer.