Guide

This story is based around the Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh folklore of faeries. I have made this guide for those of who are not familiar with faerie folklore! Of course, I have added my own twist to the traditional folklore.

~ CREATURES ~

FAERIES
Creatures of magic. May have wings, and may not. The faery creatures in this book do not have wings. They are human in looks, but more slender and have pointed ears. However, these faeries are unlike the beautiful, hypnotic creatures in most faery lore. They are disguised by flesh magic (the appearance of flesh) to cover up their decaying and rotting skeletons. Their beauty is their magic, and are often referred to as 'creatures of deceit'. 
Include: imps, goblins, seers, trolls, pixies, etc.

REAPERS
Demonic creatures made by faeries. Typically seen as raven-like faeries with wings of feathers, the beak of a raven, and red, piercing, eyes. They were created by faeries to hunt and kill half-blood faeries. They also take sport in haunting and tormenting humans. They do not live in the lands of the faery as they are not faery. They resemble death and darkness.

FIREBIRDS
Fire sprite-like creatures. They are considered faery and live within the hills of the faery lands. They are creatures made out of hardened ash and lava. They are flying creatures, but do not possess wings. They also have the power to control and wield fire.

~ COURTS ~

SEELIE
Benevolent faery court. These faeries spend most of their life in peace and harmony in the hills of faery land. They focus on art, wine, and harmonious revels.

UNSEELIE
Maleficent faery court. These faeries typically dwell in the shadows of the hills within faery lands. They employ the work of the Reapers. They steal humans from their realm to torture and maim them. They also have a group of half-blood hunters to catch any half-faery and bring them to their court to live a short life within their court.

CROWN
A group of rebellious faeries. Their court is built on the notion of destroying the Seelie and Unseelie courts, blending the two together. They are focused on a government body, not just a sole ruler. They act out of blood shed and tend to practice more Unseelie mannerisms. They take dominance of the Seelie Court during a war between the Seelie and Unseelie courts. They take over the Unseelie's Reapers to use in their own battles as they try to destroy what remains of the traditional faery lands.

~~~

Hope this will help! Please enjoy Caelia Emerson's journey as she battles against the Crown!

WC75