If You Don't Know || Cake

Idk if any of you here read Mr. Hemmings but basically Adelaide is my nickname for Arzaylea ok-

*a few months before slfl*

"Baby don't be insecure! You know how much I love you. Come here," Luke commanded as Calum was pulled into a hug by his best friend/lover/whatever they were.

"I just feel like Adelaide is so much better than me, Luke. I mean look at her, she's gorgeous and I'm just...a potato." Calum said, frowning into Luke's shoulder.

"Calum! Dont say that. You're amazing! You're good at playing the bass, you're so caring, you get excited over the littles things which is adorable, your lips are so soft I could kiss them all day, and you're a nice person. She's a literal satan spawn." Luke rolled his eyes as Calum laughed.

**********

well that was how it was 2 months ago. ever since Adelaide and Luke started dating, calum has been...confused to say the least.

"what'd gotten into him, Ash?" calum asked looking at his sandy blond haired friend.

"i honestly don't know, mate," ashton sighed and rubbed his face with his hand.

*flashback"

"c'mon Lukey! pose for a selfie!" calum snuggled closer to Luke's chest which caused his butt to wiggle on Luke's crotch which caused the blond to groan. (ik it's actually the other way around chill)

the brunet stuck his tongue out and posted the photo to twitter and instagram.

*hours later*

calum's cheeks turned crimson as Luke intertwined his long fingers with Calum's slightly shorter ones. the blond smiled over at Calum and Calum returned it.

'happy,' is all calum thought.

*flashback over*

Calum felt tears come down his face as he remembered the moment that happened a year ago. they were so happy - there wasnt any drama and artichoke wasn't in the fucking picture.

he sighed and shook his head, walking into the next room and strapping on his bass before talking to the sound guys.

"hey, quick change of setlist. instead of She's Kinda Hot, we're going to play If You Don't Know." the sound guys nodded as they headed to where the other 3 boys were to tell them about the change.

*time pass*

"this other song is very important to me. i relate to it a lot, especially at this time in my life." luke looked over at Calum after he said the words and they began playing the older song.

Tonight we're fading fast
I just wanna make this last
If I could say the things that I wanna say
I'd find a way to make you stay
I'd never let you get away...

calum played his bass and watched Luke sing with tears in his eyes. the crowd screamed at every word Luke spoke.

calum wished he could do the same.

scream at the younger man for being inconsiderate. scream at him for being stupid and mean. scream at him for telling her he loved her when only two months prior, they made love for the first time ever.

Luke made him feel beautiful. the blonde made every inch of Calum's heart feel everything it never has before. months ago it was full of love and care and utter adoration. now its filled with hate and sadness and complete dubiety.

now...it was Calum's turn to sing and he was going to make sure Luke knew exactly how he felt. the brunet sung the second verse, but he also sung the part after that instead of Luke because that's the part he felt.

I want you to want me this way
And I need you to need me to stay
If you say that you don't feel a thing
If you don't know
Let me go (oh oh oh way oh)
Let me go (oh oh)

Calum looked over at luke

If you don't know, then just let me go

then, he proceeded to sing this part.

Go ahead rip my heart out, if you think that's what love's all about
Go ahead rip my heart out, go ahead rip my heart out...

the tears came rushing down Calum's face as he let Luke finish the song...he just couldn't do it anymore.

*****after the concert*****

Calum walked backstage sweaty with tear stained cheeks.

"what the hell was all that crying for, calum? you wuss." Luke sniggered as Adelaide walked into the room and kissed him.

Calum tapped her shoulder and told her some made up thing that someone needed her. she rolled her eyes and walked away.

"what the fuck is wrong with you!!?!?" cakum screamed.

"i have loved you ever since I fucking met you and it took you years to figure that out and finally say you love me back. last year was fucking perfect as a whole. we were perfect, Luke!! why the hell would you chose her over me, huh?" luke was now pinned against the wall by Calum who was a foot shorter than him (let's pretend Cal is smol)

the brunet was banging on Luke's chest and crying and screaming."why can't I ever be fucking good enough for you? is it because I don't have boobs? i fucking love you! i fucking lost my virginity to you. we had fucking sex and you held my hand through it and there was rose petals and fucking music playing and it was fucking romantic why can't we have that anymore?!?" calum was literally screaming at this point and people were crowding around watching this all go down.

"i just want you to love me the way I love you...the way I've always loved you." luke was speechless...so he did the only thing he could do.

he kissed Calum. he looked into his fucking brown eyes and gripped his neck with the fucking beautiful tan skin, and moved his lips against Calum's.

"ive never loved her. it's only you baby" Luke whispered and kissed the boy yet again.

[A/n:] and that, guys gals and non binary pals, is why cake is fucking real and get the fuck out of my book with ur muke I don't fucking want it

All the love,
-S