everlong | cake

Ever since my niece was born (which was last December so it's been a hot minute) I've had baby fever and I've been dying to write a baby fic so...here it is!

The phone call came in the middle of the night on a Thursday. Emily was only a couple days after her due date and both Calum and Luke knew she would pop at any time and they were just waiting.

Luke answered the phone in the middle of the night and was startled when he heard Em's ecstatic, but also strained voice on the other line. "Luke she's coming!!"

Calum had still been asleep, curled away from Luke on the mattress and snoring slightly. Luke excitedly yelled back to her and he was shaken awake.

He put his hands out trying to protect Luke in case something was wrong, but Luke just pulled him into him.

"We're gonna be daddies, baby!" Luke excitedly whispered into Calum's ear. The brunette, still half asleep smiled giddily at him and pulled him in for a kiss.

Emily is Luke's cousin and had agreed to carry their baby using Calum's sperm. Emily is blonde and blue eyed, like Luke, and they know they're baby Rose is just going to be beautiful. They're already so in love with her.

Luke smiled back on remembering when Rose first kicked. He couldn't believe she was going to be in the world with them so soon.

They urgently got dressed, grabbed the baby bag and flew to the car. Luke drove so fast, he was both parts nervous and so excited. Luke parked in the middle of two parking spots and got out of the SUV without even taking the keys out. Calum sighed and snatched the keys, got the baby bag and got out of the car.

"Calum come on we're gonna miss her come out!" Luke exclaimed pulling Calum faster. He smiled fondly at the younger boy and followed along. It was as if he was pulling him to the entrance of an amusement park.

Once they got into the hospital, Luke smacked his hands down on the surface of the secretary's desk. "I'm looking for Emily Hemmings. She's about to have our baby please hurry." He said with a smile on his face that was twitching.

"Babe," Calum said smacking him a little bit because he was being a little rude.

"Here she is! In room 302." The lady smiled at them. Before she could say "congratulations", Luke was pulling on Calum's arm again.

It took a few minutes and asking a couple people some directions, but they finally got to the waiting room. They haven't transferred her to the delivery room yet, but she has been in labour for about an hour now.

"Hi"" Luke exclaims happily, kissing her cheek and grabbing her hand. Calum leans in to kiss her cheek as well and wraps an arm around Luke's waist.

"Hey David, how's the paper company coming along?" Calum asks to make conversation. He shakes his hand as well as Luke.

He nods ans grabs Emily's hand, "Pretty good. Though I think we might have some downsizing which is never good but you've gotta do what you've gotta do." He shrugs

"How are you?" Luke asks Emily and all three of the men turn to her.

"Considering there's a child trying to crawl it's way out of me, not so good. But I'm only dilated 3 cm right now and they usually wait until 5. Almost there!" She exclaims in a rush, beads of sweat already forming on her forehead.

Calum cringed internally because he could not imagine pushing a child out of any part of his body. Luke just smiled in reply. "You're so strong and I'm so grateful you're doing this for us. We're so grateful." He grinned.

Luke almost looked as if he was the one giving birth. Besides not having a baby bump and just being soft around the middle, he was actually glowing. His soft, curly blonde locks were all over the place because he didn't have time to do anything to his hair.