why can't we be like that? pt. 2 || cake

hopefully this part is better because the first one wasnt that good

pain. pain, for the most part, is what Calum felt.

every time he saw Luke with her, he dies a little more. they even had a fight the other night. they currently weren't talking.

*****flashback*****

"luke, i-i I can't do this anymore! I can physically feel my heart breaking and I just....I cant." calum was beginning to break down, his body starting to shake a little bit.

the cause of this was leaked pictures of Luke with his hands all over Diane. they were kissing and his arms were wrapped around her.

"I know, baby. I can't do anything about it, they make me do this." Luke said, even though it was a slight lie.

"everyone thinks you're hers when you should be mine! I don't even know if you are mine anymore, luke!" the blond boy got angry at these words.

"what are you fucking talking about! I have to deal with that whore every fucking day because of you." and of course Luke didn't mean it, but he still said it.

"because of me??!!? you're blaming this relationship on me?!?!"to this, Luke slightly nodded, not wanting to say it but he did anyway.

"well if this relationship is such a burden on you then," Calum whispered, tears falling down his face but he wiped them away as soon as they fell, "then I'll just leave."

*****flashback over*****

and that's exactly what Calum did, no matter how many yells of opposition came from Luke's mouth.

and Calum regretted it. all he wanted to do was hold luke! he wanted to kiss Luke and tell him how much he loves him and tell him that he never wants to leave. tell him that they'll get through this....

but he couldn't do that because of her and their stupid fucked up management.

Calum just wished he could play the piano. but at the moment he's just walking around the city.

soon, he finds a park and enters it. a sign says its not open after dusk but he goes in it anyway.

he found a swing set and sits on one of the swings as he lets his tears fall. he begins to whisper the newest song he wrote:

"why can't I say that I'm in love? I wanna shout it from the rooftop..."

"I'm not fucking letting you go," Calum looked up as he heard an all too familiar voice.

soon, those brown eyes met blue - the blue that was always meant to be with the brown. no one could deny Calum and Luke were the perfect couple. sure, they got in arguments but what healthy couple doesn't? they loved each other so much...it was beyong anyone's belief.

"l-luke," Calum whispered, searching Luke's face. the blond showed sadness, fatigue, and guilt.

"I'm not letting 5 years with the love of my life go just becsure of stupid shit I said. cal, I'm so fucking sorry." Luke said sitting down next to him on the swing.

Calum looked up yet again. he saw the glossy blue eyes and began tearing up more than he was before.

"I'm just under so much pressure. none of it is your fault, okay? it's not any of our faults. it's management. I love you, I love us. so, so much. I never want to let you go." Luke pleaded grabbing Calum's smaller hands in his.

"i-i forgive you," Calum whispered and looked up at Luke, "and I love you too. so much." now the tears were coming for both of the boys.

Calum jumped in the boys lap, the two of them barely fitting on the small swing, but they made it work. the brunet cupped Luke's cheeks and kissed him.

without words, this kiss said that they would always be there for one another, and that they loved each other. that theyd get through whatever this hell was, and everything would work out in the end even if it didn't seem that way now.

"baby, we're going to work through this, okay? I know we can. we're strong enough, our love is strong enough." Luke whispered into the smaller boy's ear.

right now, they weren't worried about anyone seeing them. they didn't care who saw their love.

but of course there would always be people who cared. there's always at least one person that says they can't be with each other or doubts them.

Calum and Luke had to keep their kisses behind closed doors - their stolen touches right as the camera focuses on something other than them. touched such as knee grabs, leaning into one another's shoulder.

but then it for worse....they couldn't sit next to each other at awards shows, couldn't even act like they were friends anymore much less boyfriends. they absolutely hated it.

but you know what?? they came out in 2018.

[A/N:] I didn't know how to end this and it really sucks I'm sorry.

school just started and I'm really busy, sorry I haven't been focused on my writing.

all the love,
- S