Prologue

7 years ago...

I sat at my little desk. My ears listening to those hurtful words. I hated them. I despised them. I wanted to curl up in a little ball and cry. I may be a child though, but I'm no cry baby. I'm a big girl and big girls don't cry.

My hands shake in my lap. My head down. I don't want to look at those meanies. Big, fat, horrible meanies. That's what Alex tells me they are.

Alex...My best friend.

Yes Alex is my best friend. He sits in the desk next to me. He is a year older than me: 9. I peak up at him threw my dark blond hair. He's smiling at me. I love that smile. It makes me smile. So I do.

"Clare, don't listen to them," Alex says.

Don't listen to them. Clare listen to Alex. He's right....

But I can't when a couple of students come up to me and Alex, but all eyes are on me. I'm very nervous now. I don't like this...

I look up at them and my lips tremble. I can see they look mad. Why are they mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong!

I see Alex shift in his chair. He's not happy.

"Where is Alex?" Ask a little girl with black hair, pale skin, and brown eyes ask.

I hesitate for a moment, then lift my shaking hand from my lap and point to were Alex is sitting. "He's right there."

"Wow," a tall little boy with short, cut brown hair, brown skin, and dark brown eyes says. "She's coo coo"

"She's creepy too," another girl hisses.

No. You are not "coo coo" or creepy. Your perfect. Alex thinks your perfect. A sweet little perfect girl.

Yes he dose. He dose think I'm perfect. And sweet.

"You're not creepy, Clare," he says, as if he read my mind. He rested his hand on my shoulder and I turned my head towards him. He smiled. I smiled.

"Thanks Alex," I reply.

"You are very crazy," the black hair girl states.

No Clare. You. Are. Not. Crazy!

I turn my head toward the girl quickly and yelled, "I'm not crazy!" I notice other students watching. Laughing. Whispering. They're cruel and horrible.

Where is the teacher? Mrs Hanson always saves me. She always tell them to stop and be nice to me. She make them apologize.

"They're crazy," Alex tells me. "Horrible and disgusting kids. Brats"

Yes they are Clare. Listen to Alex. He is telling the truth.

Yes I know. Alex always tell me the truth..he never lies to me.

"You're crazy!" I yell back at the girl.

They step back.

"You all are crazy! Horrible and disgusting kids. Horrible and disgusting Brats!"

They step back further, fear in there eyes. No. Amusement.

What's funny about this? Nothing is! Stop laughing at me! I did nothing!

"Wow, she's a psycho!" The brown hair boy shouts. He laughs. Laughing at me.

They all laugh.....at me. Why me? I didn't do anything to them.

"Crazy, psycho Clare!" The black haired girl yells. "Crazy, psycho Clare!"

Stop it!

"Clare.." Alex says, but I don't say anything back. I ignore him.

"Crazy psycho Clare!" Everyone chimes in, repeating it over an over, the phrase filling the classroom.

You're crazy, psycho Clare. No one likes you. Not even Alex! He thinks you're crazy, psycho Clare!

Tears prickle the edges of my eyes...

Stop it! Stop it all if you! Please! Leave me alone!

The tears come crashing down.....non stop. My lips tremble an My body shakes. I whimper and sniffle. I can't stop..

I laid my hers on my desk, wrapping my arms around my head, closing my eyes shut. I cried and cried. I feel all the wetness on my face pouring down.

It hurts. The laughing. Mocking. Teasing. I just want it to stop. And suddenly it dose.

I slowly lift my head up and wipe the tears with my sleeve and the back of my hands, seeing the teacher walk in.

She closes the door and sets her bag and drink on her desk witch is in the front of the classroom. She turns around to face the class. "Good morning class, sorry I'm-" She stops, looking puzzled. "Clare, where is the rest of the class?"

I wipe some more tears from my eyes and look around the room.

Alex is gone.

The class is gone...

I looked back at Mrs Hanson and smiled. "With Alex."

----------------------------------

What up peeps.

How are y'all?

I hope y'all liked it lol. I put alot of work into it for y'all.

Remember to comment, rate, and follow me.

I will update a new chapter every day. Log you guys. Bye.