Chapter 10: "Bingo~"

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating for 2 weeks, for I'm kinda busy. I'm too lazy to explain the not-so-important-stuff-that-you-don't-wanna-know but let's just start this story. Please forgive me. Lots of love~ <3

- - -

It seemed impossible, and Takuto was swiftly losing any hope of joining a group as a guitarist. It's not that his playing was poor, but he was no match for those who had long been playing professionally. The hardest part was that nearly every band he approached asked him to be their singer instead, only adding to his despair.

Maybe it's time to give up, he thought to himself, as he sat in the corner far from the door of Nightclub Tchigao, his guitar lazily resting by his side. Takuto closed his eyes and again tried to see through the block that seemed to persist in his memory.

"So where were you these last two years?" Group Trump's lead singer, Donald Trump, had asked of him. 

"Quit loafing around."

"But I wasn't!"

"Then what were -- or should I say you are currently up to, Takuto Kira?"

I don't remember, thought Takuto to himself. I fell off my bike, I should have died. I don't even remember being in a hospital. What if I had some weird amnesia all that time? This of course, again brought Mitsuki's face to his mind. Bah, she's just a kid. But maybe she knows where I was, I guess I shouldn't have been so harsh with her. Perhaps she was my last true fan, maybe even more, and look how I treated her.

I'm sorry, little girl, wherever you are.

Disgusted with himself, feeling guilt and shame, topped off by too many rejections to count, Takuto opened his eyes, frowned, and made to leave the bars, clubs, and music scene behind, when a figure across the room caught his eye. Short brown hair, black leather jacket, and... Takuto became certain as he stared, that he recognized the face now in his sights.

What is he doing here? Takuto thought to himself, settling back down and keeping a close eye on Wakaoji as the former pianist made his way through the room.

- - - :D

Walking into this place was a last resort for certain. Wakaoji had been following false leads for weeks, each one assuring him that Takuto had been spotted in some remote place or another, always asking about joining a band. Wakaoji continued on because he knew that Takuto would try anything just to be near music again, and thus believing, had dragged Mitsuki around to nearly every nightclub and bar in the city, each time enduring her eagerness before they entered, and kind dejection when they left empty handed.

She never outwardly showed any dismay, always telling Wakaoji, "If he is out here, we'll meet him soon, Sensei. Thank you very much for trying," which served oddly enough to both encourage him to keep trying, as well as causing him no small amount of anguish as he often continued the search alone past her curfew.

Wakaoji entered the club and began his usual round of scouring the room for any recognizable faces. Having been the final stop for Route L, Dagupan was not an easy place for him to enter, though once inside he became overwhelmed with emotion as memory brought back the good times that he had enjoyed with his former band.

We had so much fun, that really was a great time of my life, he thought, the concept soothing his chafed nerves.

Finally spotting a face he recognized, oblivious to the fingers pointing in his direction and the whispers now aimed at him, Wakaoji turned his gaze towards the band Hoodini's table, and receiving an acknowledging eye contact, approached. He was somewhat surprised by their reaction, and even a bit leery, as the band seemed a bit too eager to see him. Hoodini had been one of Route L's biggest rivals, often competing for locations at which to perform, Dagupan being one of them

"What a surprise. Wakaoji, right?" asked the band's lead member, Pootis.

"Nakuro, it's been a long time, good evening," replied Wakaoji pleasantly.

"First Takuto, now you. Maybe the other two are coming back soon, too, huh?" said the drummer, an obnoxious man of about thirty who had his hair chopped in a multi-colored mohawk which fit very poorly above his small, pocked face. Ew.

"Takuto was here?" asked Wakaoji seriously, startling the band with his tone.

"He he he, I guess you two didn't plan to meet here, then," the leader said coyly, old grudges returning to mind.

"He's sitting in that corner~" said the female singer, who had rather envied Route L's togetherness, and in spite of their competitiveness had always been friendly towards them.

"Aww, have to go and spoil our fun." the leader said, but Wakaoji was hardly paying attention as he followed Tomoe's finger to the far corner of the club.

"Well, he was there a few minutes ago, at least?" said the drummer, noticing the empty spot where Takuto had gone and sat down earlier, "He probably took off when he saw you."

"Thank you so much." was all Wakaoji said, before bowing and heading towards the exit.

It's probably true, though. He forgave me as a Shinigami, but if what Mitsuki said is true, he won't remember. I guess he still harbors all of the same anger towards me for leaving music behind.

Wakaoji's mad dash to the exit certainly caused quite a clamor in the bar, as more and more people became informed that the two former Route L members had just been present. An outcome of this was that the rather burly door guard was blocking the door when Wakaoji finally reached it.

"Mr. Yakamura would like to see you, Wakaoji-sensei." he stated flatly.

Wakaoji sized up the situation quickly, and from his past experiences with the bar's owner knew that the matter was not up to debate.

"I really need to go outside right now, tell him I'll be right back." said Wakaoji, "Or did you stop Takuto as well?"

"Little Kira was really here, too, then?" the big man pulled out his cellular phone and dialed a number, 

"Yes, Mr. Yakamura, the boy was here, too. Wakaoji says he is in a hurry, should I let him go? Yes, sir. No, sir, I didn't see him before he left," turning to Wakaoji. 

"You are going to look for the kid? You had best come right back, and bring him with you."

"I don't know if I can do that, but I will come back," said Wakaoji, feeling the slick hand of fate tugging Takuto gently away from him, and more importantly, from Mitsuki.

"Hold on, Wakaoji," said the guard, redialing the number on his phone.

Desperation lent the doctor a good bit of adrenaline, and Wakaoji seized upon a moment of recklessness. He hurled himself at the doorman and rushed through the fortunately open door, nearly knocking over two people who were just entering.

In spite of his haste, he took a moment as the door closed, to stop and say to the man and the two patrons, "I'm very sorry!" and "I will be back, I promise!"

Turning down the street, Wakaoji began running before his senses were fully caught up with him. Before he'd even taken a step, though, he was stopped by a familiar voice from behind.

"What are you doing here?" came the harsh query, and turning, Wakaoji was greeted by a guy.

Bingo~

It's Takuto Kira.