Chapter 6: "Wakaoji's plan!"

"Wakaoji-sensei, could the procedure that cured me also help Takuto?" Mitsuki asked one day, as he placed the depressor in the waste bin nearby.

"I'd have to see what exactly is wrong with him, Mitsuki.  Cancers are different one to the next, but I think it just might be possible."

"Where could he be?  Do you think he thinks about me?"

Just then, Takuto sneezed, "The chrysanthemums always do that to me..."

"I'm sure of it, Mitsuki," Wakaoji said, sincerely.

"But he had to take a moon flower to erase his memory, so that he wouldn't disappear.  I wonder if he will ever remember me again.  I saw him a few weeks ago..."

"Saw him?  I thought the Shinigami were gone?"

"He was alive, Wakaoji-sensei.  Meroko appeared and led me to him!"

"Takuto?  Takuto Kira?  Was alive?  What happened? Where did you see him?"

"It was down by the beachfront at Shinzaho, he was sitting on a bench, he even had a little kitty figure with him. But he didn't recognize me, Wakaoji-sensei, he didn't want to speak to me at all!" turning her large eyes to Wakaoji, Mitsuki finally began releasing the tears that had been building up over the past month.  Through her schoolwork, through classes, through the visits to Wakaoji, and countless dinners with her grandmother, suddenly she found herself able to speak, and in doing so...

"Mitsuki..."

Mitsuki only continued crying as Wakaoji wrapped her like a burrito in a warm hug.

"He was here, huh.  You know, about a week ago, a friend from The Stinger Pit said that someone was looking for me.  I wonder if it was Takuto."   Suddenly he stood up, determination in his voice "Well, Mitsuki, let's get going!"

Wakaoji began putting away the files on his desk into the gray metal cabinet nearby.  Pressing a button on the phone next to his computer, he said, "Nurse, please page me if an emergency comes up, otherwise I am out for the rest of the day."

"Yes, sensei," came the reply, though Wakaoji was already standing by the door, hanging his lab coat on the brass rack to its right.

Mitsuki, however, was just sitting, stunned, on the chair where she had been left, and asked, "Wakaoji-sensei, where are we going?"

"Why, to find Takuto, of course!"