Mine • s.l

Los fucking Angeles.

I don't know what has gotten to my parents and they decided to move here. There were no other way but to walk to school so I just sighed while I get through the streets of the neighborhood. No, my parents aren't bad. But sometimes, I feel like they're forgetting that they have a daughter. They just care about each other and nothing but themselves. And that's okay with me, because they never failed to get everything I need. And at least I get to go to parties, get my wants, and make my own choices. On the other hand, as a teen, I long for affection too. In which my parents are failing to support me, not financially, but morally.

Luckily, I made it to school before homeroom. And that's when reality sunk to me.

Everyone hates me here. I just shrugged and decided that today, I will not let anyone ruin it. So when I walked inside the classroom, I chinned up and marched to my seat not giving a shit about the glares everyone's giving me, which I didn't expect I'd do.

By the end of almost half of all classes I have, finally, I can have a break and shake off all the looks that people have given me the whole time, especially the sluts'. Seriously, what is wrong with people in here and not welcoming other people? In my school in Australia, sure there are also meanies but most of the population were nice, kind, and all. Well, what do I expect? This is Los Angeles. I heard stories about schools and student attitudes here. I'm not saying all, but you know... what most people learn. And that's how it always go when you're a new kid, right?

Walking out of the classroom to find my locker, I heard someone following me but I ignored it. But I was just about to open my locker when someone slammed me hard against the lockers. I stifled a scream, but it was a bad move because it just made things worse.

It is lunch time, and people here enjoy watching unpopular ones get hurt and bullied.

Someone spun me around, and it was the group of sluts who hated me since day one. Their group was composed of three: Anna the crazy bitch, Sophia the queen bee wannabe, and Hannah the sluttiest who wanted each and every hot guys in school.

"You little bitch, thinking you could steal all of their attention! You're worthless, you're a trash, and you're a piece of crap!" Hannah snickered as she pulled my hair as she slammed my face down on the cold hard hallway floor.

Anna laughed and then she kicked me, smacking my left cheek, doubling the pain.

I thought that was the last attack but suddenly learned that it was just the start because Sophia threw her bag to this jock she's flirting with, tying her hair up in a high ponytail, and popping the bubblegum she's chewing.

She pushed me, sending me flying backwards as I slammed again onto the lockers. This is the first time they went all out, attacking me at once. I felt a sharp pang of pain at my back. I was near at the girls' comfort room so I locked the door when I entered. No one was there, thank goodness.

I examined my features and learned that my eyes were full and brown, my even skin, my soft features, and my naturally wavy, dark brown hair. Why do people think I'm way too ugly?

Of course I'm no beauty queen, or a model, or far from the society's definition of beauty but I'm also sure that I'm not as ugly as everyone thinks I am. Am I?

But eh, I will do everything to be better, and perfectly fine. This is my life. I shouldn't be letting people snatch away the pencil I'm holding and let them write on my life. There is no point of being sad at this point, and in this short span of life. Surely, it wouldn't be automatically easy when I decide to get confidently brave, but I've got to at least try with all my power. That's the biggest improvement I can do for myself, yet.