one

There are many things about Isaac Swan that people know, and the main thing is he hates public High School. After being bullied all through Elementary school to freshman year of high school, he hated, more liked loathed other people. So, when his father, Charlie Swan, informed him he had to return to school for his senior year because he was worried about his son's social life, Isaac was gripped with fear and anger.

"Dad, let me get this straight. After 4 years of me being homeschooled because of what happened the last time I went to high school, you want me to go back to Forks high for my senior year? Have you lost your damn mind?"

"Yes, Isaac." Charlie snapped back, exasperated with his eldest child. "Because as much as you may think it's a bad idea I think you could really benefit from some human interaction other than Dr Cullen's children. And I'm not asking, I'm telling you. You start tomorrow." Isaac stared in disbelief, and he was pretty sure there was actual horror in his eyes. He left the room, slamming his bedroom door loudly and slumping back onto his bed. He stared at the ceiling he'd painted a long time ago, before standing up. Isaac walked over to the wall in the far corned of his room designated his art wall and took out some paints that he kept in a chest which rested against that wall. He pulled off his t-shirt, and changed his pants into a pair of paint stained ones instead.

Several hours later Isaac took a step back from the wall to admire his masterpiece. He'd painted over something that was already on the wall, and now in its place was a beautifully painted solar system. Instead of the planets in alignment, they were scattered across the wall, each with their own unique qualities painted in the brightest colours Isaac owned. He looked over at the canvas of a smililar drawing that had to be painted. It was an entry for an art competition that he was entering at the beginning of the school year. He didn't hear his door open, and jumped a foot in the air when someone started talking.

"Woah, Isaac. I mean I knew you were good but, holy shit." A familiar voice spoke from behind the shirtless, paint covered teenage boy. Isaac jumped and whipped around with a hard glare on his face. Alice Cullen was stood at the door to his room, admiring his artwork. Her long dark hair was pulled back into a cute French braid which fell down her back, she wore a flower print dress and had her book bag slung across her shoulder and had a pair of trainers on her feet.

"Shit, Alice. Trying to give a guy a heart attack?" Isaac breathed out but Alice just laughed, not fazed by his sarcastic comment and sat down on his bed as the boy puts on an AC/DC t-shirt. "So, what brings you by?" Isaac questioned his small, vampire friend. Alice turned to look at him with that knowing look as she leant back against the headboard. "Ah... My dad called didn't he?" Alice nodded and Isaac shook his head. "No it's fine really, I can go to school. I just don't want to. Not after last time." Isaac explained. Alice smiled sadly and took Isaac's hand in hers, squeezing tightly. Her eyes fell on the intricate but simple solar system that was tattooed on his inner forearm.

"Remember when you got this?" Alice asked quietly and Isaac nodded, grinning faintly at the memory.

"Dad, can I get a tattoo?" Isaac asked bluntly. It was his 16th birthday and now that he was legal he decided to ask his dad if he could finally get he tattoo he'd been wanting for a while. Charlie choked on his drink, not having expected the question from his son so soon after his 16th.

"You want a tattoo?" He spluttered, shocked at the question thrown at him randomly. Isaac looked at him with a 'I'm dead serious' look on his face and Charlie sighed. "Yeah, go get the tattoo, nothing too extreme though." Isaac nodded excitedly and lept to his feet, kissing his dad on the forehead before grabbing his keys, wallet and phone.

Once Isaac had arrived at the tattoo Parlour he texted Alice to meet him, wanting his best friend to come with. He got out his truck when he saw Alice pull up in her car, meeting Issac who was now stood outside the tattoo shop.

"You ready?"

"Yep, now come on. Let's go get you you're first tattoo." Alice grabbed Isaac by the wrist a drug him into the shop before he had the chance to protest.

"Hi, my friend wants to get his first tattoo. And I would like one also." Alice spoke to the man behind the front desk and he nodded.

"You got a photo kid?" He asked Isaac and he nodded, pulling out his phone and showing him the picture.

The man nodded and led Isaac through to a room in the back of the shop

"Give me a few minutes to print off the design and change it a little to make it more original, you can wait over there," he said, pointing to the chair in the middle of the room. The two teenagers went and sat on the chair, waiting for the man to come back.

"So why do you want a tattoo, Isaac?" Alice questioned the boy who sighed, shaking his head.

"A way to express myself I guess. I've got a lot I need to coverup on my arms and I always liked the idea of getting a tattoo." Isaac explained, chuckling at his last comment. Alice nodded in understanding but didn't say anything. "So what are you getting Alice?" Isaac wondered but the girl didn't say anything, just smiled and winked at him. The man came back through and four hours later, both Alice and Isaac had awesome tattoos.

"That was the first time I felt like I had made my own choice, not what others made me do." Isaac spoke, smiling lightly as Alice hummed in agreement.

"So now that you know about us, I want you to meet my family. Esme has been dying to meet you, please?" Alice asked, a slight tone of pleading in her voice. Isaac chucked nodding his head slightly.

"Sure, I'd love to. But can we go it after school tomorrow? I'm exhausted." Isaac asked and Alice agreed, leaving the boy to sleep and promising to pick him up in the morning and drive him to school.

Isaac walked into the bathroom and took a shower. Scrubbing the paint from his body and face till his skin was tinted light red he stepped out the shower and walked into his room, towel wrapped round his waist. Dropping the towel he put on some boxers and a pair of plaid pyjama pants before slipping under his covers and falling into a nightmare filled sleep, dreaming of the life he once had and never wanted back.

authors note
finally ive edited this i hope its better!!!
but I hope you like it 😄

date written : 11/09/17
date published : 06/01/18
edited : yes (2020)
word count : 1226