ten

Isaac's eyes burned slightly as he sat in the bed of Bella's truck with Emmett, watching for the nomed vampires while Edward drove the truck towards the Cullen's. Once they got there, Isaac let out an uncharacteristic growl that startled the others and lept from the truck, slamming the dark skinned vampire against the wall by the neck, baring his teeth threateningly unaware of the sharp werewolf-like teeth poking past his lip.

"Isaac stop." Carlisle ordered. "He came here to warn us." Isaac growled again, but pushed away from Laurant with force.

"I'm sorry about James." Laurant said diplomatically. "He is one of the strongest trackers i have met in my 300 years." Isaac glowered at the vampire, untrusting but only backing off at Edward's glare and allowing the dark skinned man to speak. "He's fast. And with Victoria by his side he's almost unstoppable." Isaac hated them.

They'd gathered in the garage after Laurent had left, discussing their plan of action against James and Victoria.

"I'll take Bella and run her East." Edward offered, but Alice shook her head.

"No, he'll be expecting that Edward. Jasper and I will take her." Alice turned to Jasper who nodded silently, understanding his mates look and accepting imediately.

"I'll text Isaac when we arrive and he can meet us there." Alice said, winking at the angel who smiled shyly under all the confused looks he was getting.

"One of the abilites gained when my wings came out was teleportation." Isaac explained and everyone nodded in understanding but the Angel knew that wasn't the end of it.

Isaac pulled out several items of Bella's clothing from his bag, handing them to Rosalie, Emmett and Edward with a stern look. "You guys will run through the forest in the opposite direction, try draw James away with her sent." Rosalie went to protest but stopped in her tracks when she saw the harsh glare Isaac sent her and pulled on the jacket and scarf reluctantly.

"Bella, go." Isaac gave his little sister a tight hug before moving over to Alice. He pulled his best friend into a hug, holding on tightly.

"Please look after her, Alice." Alice smiled gently at him, promising to look after his sister. "Good luck." Then they were gone.

"Edward, you guys should go now. Don't stop running for at least 5 miles." Edward nodded at Carlisle and the three vampires left, dragging Bellas scent through the forest in the opposite direction that she went. Isaac just hoped this would keep James distracted long enough for them to get away.

When Alice texted Isaac letting him know they'd arrived Isaac teleported to Bella, only to arrive standing in front of Jasper who looked spooked by the sudden appearance of his lovers best friend right in front of him. Isaac's fingers twitched before he had the chance to celebrate his success in teleporting to the correct location he groaned in frustration and summoned a piece of paper, quick to sketch out the vision in his mind onto paper before signing and dating just like he always did.

"Izzy!" Isaac shouted, swearing when he didn't get an answer and Alice came running back into the hotel room.

"She's gone to meet with James."

"I know where she's gone."

The ballet studio was in chaos when Isaac appeared inside. The glass from all the mirrors was shattered across the floor and James was snarling at Bella as she hit the wall and broke her leg. And when Bella screamed out in utter agony, Isaac snapped. Isaac felt his bones shift, snap and reform as he shrunk into a very large Wolf. He roared at the vampire, and James looked up at the wolf suddenly growling at the vampire. In James last ditch attempt before he was killed, he sunk his teeth into Bellas wrist and several things happened all at once.

Emmett and Edward came rushing into the studio with Carlisle and Jasper behind him, and Isaac's large furry form collided with James and ripped him off of Bella, tossing him into a father wall. James got to his feet and growled, charging at Issaac and grabbing the Angel when he went to bite the vampire, chucking him into the wall and shattering one of the wall mirrors. Jasper and Emmett got the upperhand while James was distracted though, because through Isaac's blurry vision as pain began to cloud his mind, he saw Emmett ripping James head off and Jasper and Rosalie burning him.

"Isaac." The voice was muffled but he identified it as Alice's. She muttered something in enochian, placing her hand against his fur. He changed back to his human form, crying out in pain from the white hot flashes that went through his upper shoulder and back. Alice attempted to help Isaac, uttering all of the enochian healing spells he'd taught her for exact events like this, but it was no use - the damage was too extensive and Isaac felt himself growing weary and he last thing Isaac remembered was Alice frantically calling out for Carlisle.

date written first time: 22/12/17
date published : 19/06/18
edited : damn right(19/6/18)
word count : 867