seven

After the rest of the week went quite smoothly, at least until the weekend when at his art teachers request he went out into the forest looking for inspiration for his next painting, the one his teacher wanted to submit for his final exam. But, Isaac had stupidly managed to get himself sent to the ER after being found close to hypothermic with a bunch of cuts on his hands because he went out and ended up tripping over and falling down a hill.

Bella had laughed her ass off when she heard he'd fallen while hiking, especially since it was a very Isaac thing to do. The hospital had insisted Isaac stay for a week, which pissed him off.

"I'm so bored." Isaac groaned from his place on the hospital bed, his left arm and wrist had needles in them providing him with fluids he'd lost from the cold.

"Well," Charlie looked up from his newspaper with a pointed look. "Don't go hiking in the freezing cold, by yourself and you won't end up in these situations." Isaac rolled his eyes and looked back down at his leg, picking up his paintbrush again and continuing to swirl images that vaguely resembled flowers onto his skin. Charlie left about an hour later, just as Bella arrived during her free to drop off Isaac's assignments as per requested by him.

"Hey Isaac." Bella grinned, laughing when she saw him painting again. "Bored?"

"Extremely." Isaac agreed, sitting up properly so Bella could sit on the bed opposite him with her legs crossed. "What do ya think?" Isaac asked, motioning to the now finished painting on his skin. Bella looked it over with a thoughtful look before looking at her brother.

"I think it's cool." Bella agreed with Isaac, finding the way his eyes lit up soothing. She watched curiously as Isaac leant over the side of the bed, grabbing the bag of art stuff kept in the chest in his room that Charlie brought him and waited as he rifled through his bag, finally pulling out a clear liquid.

"Gimmie your arm." Bella cocked her head in confusion, but rolled up her sleeve non the less and presented the bare skin to him. Isaac took her hand eagerly and began painting thin black lines over the inside of her arm, swapping the colour to red and continuing. He took his time, eventually perfecting the art and putting down his paintbrush.

"Perfect." Isaac grinned stupidly and Bella rolled her eyes at her beothers childishness, but allowed the paint to dry none the less. However, Isaac had different plans as he only waited until it was semi dry before taking the clear liquid and dipping a clean paintbrush into it and running it over the paint. Bella watched in awe as the colours melted together, lines still present but more vivid with colour splashing in every direction.

"Isaac it's amazing." Bella said in awe as it dried, and she ran her fingers over the design expecting it to flake away at her touch, confused when it didn't.

"A few years ago i was looking for a clear gloss to put over paintings and found this." Isaac explained upon seeing Bella's confused look. "Turns out it works to keep paint on the skin for up to 3 days."

Bella left about 20 minutes later, needing to get back to school for Biology. Once she was gone Isaac began to paint over the flower pattern on his thigh with the clear gloss and sighed, it was going to be a long week.

Isaac was beyond furious when he found out his sister had been involved in a car accident, and even more so when he found out Edward risked everything to save her and while he was greatful she didn't get hurt, Isaac was currently standing in the hospital corridor with Rosalie, Carlisle and Edward chewing him out.