eleven

The next time Isaac was concious, he groaned at the sharp pain in his back and shoulder, and brought a hand up to cover his eyes. He knew he was in a hospital, and he hated being in hospitals after the last time.

"Can someone turn the lights down?" Isaac mumbled, sensing a heartbeat in the room and smelling an undead. Someone let out a small gasp from beside him, and he pulled his hand away from his eyes when the lights dimmed significantly. "Hey mum."

"Oh my boy." Rene breathed, carefully wrapping her arms around her baby boy, and Isaac returned the hug with his free arm, even though he felt slightly uncomfortable considering he hadn't seen his mum in years.

"I'm okay mum, really." Isaac assured her gently. "How's Izzy?" Isaac pulled his arm away from his mum and searched for the bed controls and sat the bed upright slightly, pain still evident in his back but not as bad as before. He caught sight of Alice fake-sleeping on the window seat, head leaning against the glass and a blanket covering her.

"She's been there since you got out of surgery." Rene said softly, resting a hand against Isaac's uninjured shoulder comfortingly and Isaac smiled.

"That's Alice. Couldn't live without her." Isaac smiled, meaning every word. "Hey mum, can you find out how Izzy's doing please?" Rene nodded softly, kissing him on the forehead before leaving for his sister's room. "She's gone." Alice was up in a flash, wrapping her arms around Isaac's neck though wairy of his shoulder and back, squeezing him tightly.

"Don't scare me like that Isaac!" Alice cried, pulling back. "Please."

"Hey hey." Isaac soothed, scooting over in the bed and directing Alice to squeeze in beside him. She did, their thighs pressed tightly together and Isaac wrapped his good arm around her shoulders and hugged her. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you guys. But i'm okay now, i promise."

"Alright." Alice finally nodded, and Isaac smiled.

Isaac got discharged from the hospital 2 days later, and returned to school the next day he, Emmett and Rosalie went to collect their High School deploma's since they missed graduation when they'd been dealing with James. Isaac graduated with honours and saledictorian, his dad was rediculously proud and mounted his cap and certificate on the wall of the kitchen. Tonight was the school dance, the junior and senior prom and Isaac really didn't want to go, but here he was in a dark blue pinstrip suit with a black shirt and and a dark blue tie because Alice promised it was going to be a night he'd never forget. But he didn't paticularly want to go, because the one person he'd even want to attend an event like this with is no longer in forks, and he just doesn't see the point considering he's the only openly gay kid in town. He was sitting down stairs with his shoulder still in the sling - he'd dislocated it when James chucked him across the room - when Bella came down the stairs with that ugly boot on her foot, but she looked incredible.

"Wow, you look amazing." Isaac grinned and Bella blushed. "You are going to blow Edward away baby sis, i promise."

"You think so?" Bella asked quietly, looking down at herself curiously. Her dress was a light blue dress with several ruffles after the waist that flowed down to her knees and a pair of knee high black leggings on underneath.

"I know so." Isaac winked. Edward knocked on the door then, and he and Charlie briefly chatted before forcing Isaac and Bella to stand at the bottom of the stairs and take photos, then forced Edward to join them, then to get one of Bella and Edward before he let them leave.

When they get to the school Alice is waiting for Isaac and grabs his wrist excitedly, dragging him inside before he hardly had a chance to get out of Edward's car.

"Alice." Isaac laughed. "Slow down." Alice did reluctantly slow down, but was practically bubbling with excitement.

"Come on, you're gonna be so happy." Alice grinned, weaving them both through the crowd until they get to where Jasper is, talking to a boy with dark brown curls.

"Nathan?" Isaac gasped, unable to believe it and Nathan span on his heel, making eye contact with Isaac and froze. Both of them felt something in them shift, as though everything was finally right and they could breathe again.

"Dance with me?" Nathan asked when he finally got his voice back, and Isaac let Nathan drag him onto the dance floor just as a slow song came on. They danced palm to palm, though Isaac's bad shoulder prevented him from joining with both hands, Nathan merely let his unused hand rest on Isaac's neck as they slowly danced in circles with their foreheads pressed against each other.

"I've missed you."

"I missed you too." Nathan replied quietly. "I think you've realised a lot has changed."

"You're a shifter." It was more of a statement than a question, but Nathan still nodded.

"On my fathers side. My uncle Billy's brother died a few years ago and i had to move to New York to live with my mother." Nathan explained. "Only reason i got to come back is because i ran into a vampire clan up that way and it triggered the shift. Right in the middle of my two bedroom apartment in upper manhattan." Isaac snorted, grinning.

"Thats amazing." Isaac laughed, and Nathan smiled at Isaac all tongue in teeth grin. "You should know, i'm a fallen angel." Nathan blinked in surprise. "Yep, i have wings and can teleport where ever i want - still figuring that one out though - and have a wolf form."

"Amazing." Nathan smiled. "I've really missed you Isaac."

"I've missed you too." Isaac whispered in reply, still staring at Nathan with what Alice would call 'heart eyes' and he really didn't care. Right now everything was perfect, and he didn't want anything to change right then.

authors note
it's finally finished guys here you go the last chapter of broken glass!!!

just the epilogue to go!

date written first-ish: 22/12/17
date published : 19/06/18
edited : damn right bruh
word count : 1055