six

After school Bella met up with her brother in the car park since she was his ride home. Climbing in, Isaac started the engine to his sisters truck and pulled out of the school car park.

"How was your first day?" Isaac asked, eyes on the road. Bella let her bag fall beside her feet as she replied, pulling her hair out of her face.

"It was alright." She shrugged. "I've already done a lot of the work we're doing right now, so some of the teachers are getting me to do some refresher tests. My art teacher was impressed by my folio."

"She would be." Isaac grinned. "She loves me, no doubt she loves you too." Isaac pulled into their driveway and let out a happy noise when he saw his baby blue chevrolet sitting in the driveway. He climbed out the truck and ran to his, hugging it like it was a baby. Bella rolled her eyes as she passed him, catching her keys as he tossed them.

"You are such a baby." She rolled her eyes, leaving her brother outside. Isaac watched her leave, picking up his school bag from the ground where he dropped it and followed after his sister. They had decided since they weren't down for Charlie's horrendous cooking that Isaac would cook Monday, Wednesday and Friday while Bella would the others and Sunday was free reign, and since it was Monday it was Isaac's turn to cook.

"Everyone okay with steak and chips?" Isaac yelled from the kitchen, pulling the steaks from the freezer. After hearing Bella yell okay, Charlie entered the kitchen in his police uniform.

"Hey kid how was school?" Isaac sent him a blank look.

"Well aside from the staring and the whispers, just dandy." Isaac replied sarcastically, sending his dad a thumbs up as the steaks cooked in the frying pan.

"Come on Isaac." Charlie sighed. "There's only 5 months left."

"Oh that makes me feel better." Isaac flipped the steaks over, looking at his dad with a blank look.

"Are you going to college?" Charlie asked Isaac, who shook his head.

"I have the grades sure, but i'm still indesisive about what i want to take so i'm going to take a few years." Isaac shrugged. "It's fine anyway, I got offered a job for when I leave school so."

"Oh yeah? Where's this?" Charlie asked like he didn't already know Isaac's love for the local tattoo parlour or that the man who runs it loves Isaac's designs.

"Shut up." Charlie chuckled, calling down Bella from her room. Isaac let Charlie serve the food and quickly ran up to his room to change. Dumping his bag on the chair by the window, he stripped off his jacket and jeans, replacing the jeans with a pair of plaid pajama pants and his dressing gown, a guilty pleasure of his. Grabbing his sketchbook and pens, Isaac made his way back down stairs where Bella and Charlie were waiting for him.

"Come on kid. I have to get to work." Isaac grinned and sat down, ready to eat his food.

Later, Isaac was sitting in the armchair by his bedroom window, mind gone while drawing intensly into his sketchbook. Alice, whom Charlie had let in about 5 minutes previous, stepped into her best friends bedroom where she found him sitting there, totally out of it. So she simply waited, letting him finish his drawing while she instead inspected the fresh painting that rested on the wall above his bed. The design its self revolved around space, which was a common theme with Isaac, a blue and white galaxy with two overlapping triangles in the middle. It was beautiful, and Alice always loved his art, knowing one day it could become more.

"Alice." Isaac looked up from his sketchbook with a dazed and slightly panicked look in his eyes, though he managed to hide it quite well.

"Hey Isaac." Alice sent his best friend a bright grin, making herself comfortable on his bed with her back against the headboard. Isaac flipped his sketchbook shut, pushing himself up and shoving the sketchbook onto his bookshelf before flopping down into the bed beside Alice, grinning at her stupidly.

"I heard Mrs Astra assigned you a new project." Isaac's smile dropped from his face and he let out a groan, dropping his head against Alice's stone cold shoulder which he found rather soothing.

"She wants me to paint nature." Isaac practically spat the words out in disgust, his hatred for going outside made quite obvious. Alice giggled, absentmindedly twisting two pieces of her hair into a twisty braid.

"You know you don't have to go that far." She mentioned casually. "You could paint the forest outside your bedroom window."

"Alice you are a genius." Isaac grinned and he pushed himself upright, kissing her cheek before making his way across the room to where a large table rested with a canvas and his school stuff was resting. Alice looked down at her mobile phone, replying to a text from Jasper before getting up.

"I gotta head home, see you tomorrow Isaac." The boy made a gesture of acknowlegement, already sketching out his painting. Alice smiled, though there was traces of saddness in her eyes. If only he knew what was to come.

authors note

EDITED: Guys i legit re-wrote this whole chapter because it sucked so freaking bad guys.

I changed it a bit, so now Bella is aware of Isaac's attempt, but i decided it wasnt worth making myself depressed so Isaac probably wont make an attempt on his life again, but he is gonna end up in the hospital again because my bby is a clutz

(Don't forget to drop a comment below, tell me what you think, and how I could improve on my writing.)

Enjoyyyyyy

date written : 22/11/17
date published : 07/01/18
edited : no
word count : 989