two

Waking up at 6 am was something Isaac hated doing, and coupled with the dread that sat deep in his stomach at the thought of going back to Forks High.

He didn't say anything as he shut off his alarm, rolling out of bed only to hit the floor with a thud. He groaned, pushing himself back up and making his way to the bathroom, taking a shower and getting dressed. He dressed in a simple white t-shirt, black jeans and a pair of navy blue converse his sister got him. His eyes lingered on the scars that rested there before covering them up and pulling on his jacket, a long vintage navy blue jacket he got from a thrift store. He picked up his bag, a simple school bag and headed down the stairs.

"Hey kiddo." His father greeted him, sitting at the table reading the newspaper. Isaac merely nodded at his father, still a bit pissed off and picked up his keys to his truck. It was a simple thing, four seats and a bed in the back. He spent 2 years saving up for it, doing odd jobs here and there. He threw his bag into the back and texted Alice.

To; Alice Cullen
From; Isaac Swan

I'm going to drive to school, meet you there?

From; Alice Cullen
To; Isaac Swan

Alrighty, see you soon

He arrived at the school and parked his truck, ignoring the looks and whispers he was receiving. He grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder, getting out and locking it. He scanned the car park, looking for the familiar head of hair and her male companion who was always far too broody for his own good. His eyes fell on Alice and Jasper standing at the bottom of the steps. He sighs, pulling his bag into his shoulder and walking towards the duo.

"Hey Alice." Isaac greeted as he approached them, and Alice jumped slightly in fright as she hadn't been paying attention as he approached them. Isaac felt a genuine smile grace his lips at it. "Hey Jasper." Isaac smiled, but the vampire merely walked away. Isaac frowned, turning to Alice. "What's up his ass?"

"Just a bad day." Alice shrugged, linking her arm around his and leading him towards the entrance. "Come on, you need to get your timetable."

By lunch Isaac was ready to walk out. He was so far ahead in all of the AP classes he had decided to take. When his teachers realised how far ahead he actually was, they allowed him to do his own thing as long as he agreed to do any quizzes and tests. His Math teacher asked him to do some work from a textbook, his art teacher let him put together his folio for the year, which he had started at home, and in his Physics class he simply doodled the whole lesson since he'd already done the work the year earlier.

He joined the lunch line, buying himself a simple lunch of Apple juice and some fruit, since he wasn't hungry. His eyes scanned over the cafeteria, landing on the familiar family all huddled around one table looking thoroughly bored and slightly creepy looking. He picked up his tray and walked over to the table, setting it down on the table.

"Hey guys." He greeted, dropping his bag down at his feet and pulling out his sketchpad. Isaac ignored the blank looks he received from Rosalie and Edward.

"Hey Isaac. Good to see you finally left that home of yours." Isaac scowled at the Cullen Vampire as the others let out a chuckle at him, and he flipped the vampire off. Isaac sat his sketchbook on the table, absentmindedly drawing on the page. Isaac hadn't realised he'd zoned out again until Alice was snapping her fingers in front of his face.

"Isaac? You alright?" Alices face and tone was filled with concern, but all Isaac could think about in that moment was getting the hell out of that room. He stumbled up from his seat, ignoring the strange looks he was getting from the others in the room and the concerned questions from both Edward and Alice now, and walked straight out the door, bag and sketchbook in hand.

Alice and Edward exchanged a look of surprise before quickly following after the Swan boy, Alice picking up his bottle of juice from his tray. When they found him, he was sitting in the bed of his truck with his sketchpad in his lap, tried tear tracks down his face.

"You good?" Edward asked, dropping a hand onto his shoulder, startling him.

"Mmm. Sorry." Isaac blushed, ducking his head down as his vision fell on his sketch pad, open at the paged dated a month ago. "I drew this girl, I've never met her before, and I have no idea where she comes from of who she is."

"Can I see?" Alice asked, taking the sketch pad when Isaac nodded, only to gasp. "That's my sisters daughter Mary." Edward looked at the drawing in shock, then back at Isaac who looked confused.

"I've never met her before in my entire life." Alice flipped through several of the pages, seeing scenes from their daily lives with all accurate details even though Isaac had never even been there. Alice stopped on one page, it was dated the day before, and it showed Edward standing holding hands with a girl whom had long brown hair, bright red eyes and pale features, dressed in a tight blue dress and bare feet.

"Who is this?" Alice asked curiously, showing Isaac the drawing.

"That's Edward and my sister Isabella." Isaac frowned. "I don't remember drawing that."

"I've never met your sister." Edward stated. "And I'm sure your sister isn't a vampire."

"What I want to know, is how you knew about my niece, when I haven't even met her, and why you drew Edward with a girl he's never even met?"

date written : some time in november
date published : 06/01/18
edited : yes (2020)
word count : 1016