eight

When Alice left Isaac to catch up on his sleep, she hadn't expected to return to find his eyes glowing a spectacularly white-blue and a large canvas laying on the ground with a pair of large black wings being painted upon them. The seer gasped, grasping the door frame tightly as four people with wings were stood on an icy plain surrounding a fifth person who was on his knees before it dissapeared from her sight. Alice scrambled from the bedroom and to her family that were in the kitchen with Bella, her face holding an expression of panic but also a hint of relief.

"I know what he is." She gasped out, Jasper immediately by her side in a consoling way when he saw how flustered his mate was. "He's the fallen angel from the legends Aro talked about."

"A fallen what?" Jasper asked in confusion. "What legends?"

"An angel is essentially a warrior of god. He created them before earth, each one unique from the other. They hold great skill, knowlege and power from the average human. As for the legends, over a millenia ago, an angel came down from heaven with the plan to create a new form of humans." Carlisle began. "So he took the DNA of a human and warped it, but something went wrong and his creation became dependent on the survival of fresh blood to sustain them. That's how vampires came to be."

"What does that have to do with Isaac?" Edward asked Carlisle, his arm wrapped around Bella's shoulders as the girl looked extremely confused.

"The legend says the angel has wings as black as the night sky, his companions with wings from white to almost black and a family of protectors to keep them safe." Alice explained. "When I went upstairs Isaac was painting a pair of wings and it triggered a vision. It showed me four angels stood around a fifth man, who seemed injured."

"So what you're telling us is that Isaac, the small, scrawny teenage boy upstairs right now is an all powerful being?" Emmett asked Alice, who nodded.

"That's insane." Bella finally spoke, staring at the Cullen's in disbelief. "How can my brother be an angel?"

"You have to admit some seriously strange things happen around your brother Bella." Edward said softly, and Bella sighed, nodding her head. "Come on."

It was later into the evening when Isaac finally stumbled downstairs, his wings fluttering in irritation.

"This is just not cool." Isaac scowled, glaring over his shoulders at the wings that span around 6 feet in each direction, folded into each other at each end of the room. "I wake up after 18 years and its like i've completely lost control of them."

"Woah." Emmett finally got out, everyone staring in awe. Isaac muttered something uninteligible, his wings fluttering for a moment before they dissapeared from view. He sighed in relief, his shoulders laxing in relief feom the strain of having his wings in coporeal form for a long amount of time.

"I think i'm gonna head home." Isaac yawned, most of his energy drained from him finally waking up properly. He had alot of memories to sift through and a language to re-learn.

"I'll drive you back." Edward spoke up. "Alice will bring your truck to school on monday."

"Thanks." Isaac yawned again, finally registering Bella wrapping her arm around his middle to lead him to the volvo since he was clearly exhausted. "See you on monday."

"It was nice meeting you." Bella waved, all of them having a different send off to the Swan siblings.

Isaac climbed out his sisters truck, slamming the door at the same time and rounding the truck.