Hi Puppy! (red!Scout X child!werewolf!reader)

Reader's age: 4

The sun set slowly over the red base, and the full moon climbed into the sky like a mountaineer on a rocky cliff-side, as the sky was flooded with warm red and gold hues as well as inky blue and violet shades.

Scout lay on his bed, relaxing after his long day battling the Blu team with his friends.

Every muscle in his body ached, a couple of bruises fading slowly, he put his hands behind his head and let out a tired groan.

The silence was broken by some scuffling noises outside as well as whining, snapping Scout out of his stupor; he stumbled downstairs and towards the entrance of the base.
Outside the entrance was a small wolf cub with brown fur and shiny dark eyes (yes, you, reader-chan), scratching at the door and letting out cute whining sounds.

"Alright, alright! I'm coming already!" Scout called out, opening the door. He looked down when he felt a small paw on his shoe and gasped.

"Hi puppy!" Scout said softly, picking you up.

You sniffled the teen's finger and gave a small yip.

He smiled and closed the door, hearing the others wake up.

"For the love of God, Scout! it's 3 in the morning!" Sniper's irritated voice echoed through the base.
"Ugh, vhat's going on? who's at ze door at this time of night?" complained Medic.

"I found this little dog outside" Scout began, you barked to confirm this.

That got the rest of the team's attention.

Soldier came in holding a torch, Heavy was carrying a lantern, the rest of the team following behind.
"Scout got puppy!" Heavy exclaimed, the volume of his voice making you whine softly.

The rest of the the team gathered around Scout. He glared at them.
"Guys! back off! you're scaring her!" Scout ordered, sounding surprisingly stern; with that command the rest of the team stepped back a little.
Spy gazed at you, then at Scout.
"Scout, zat iz no puppy, zat's a wolf cub" Spy said coolly, making Scout's eyes widen.

A dark cloud the size of Australia covered the silver moon and you started to shift in Scout's arms, feeling yourself transform back into human form, that of a 4 year old girl.

Your (H/C) hair was disheveled and your (E/C) eyes showed fear and confusion.

"Huh?! B-But t-t-there was a cub r-right here!" Scout choked out, looking afraid, being careful not to drop the child.

"I'm.....I'm a werewolf" your young voice piped up, glancing from person to person.

"Where are your parents, sheila?" Sniper asked.
You shrugged and played with your hair.
"I don't know" you replied, somewhat sadly.

The team were crushed; they couldn't leave you without any family to speak of. Sure they were in a warzone, but if you went out on your own you were probably done for.
Soldier sighed heavily.
"Alright. You can stay here with us, you may stay in Scout's room" Soldier reluctantly spoke up.

You grinned wolfishly, hugging Scout.

He laughed and hugged you back, walking back to his room, making you a small bed not far from his own.
"Night squirt" Scout smiled, before laying back in his bed.

"Night" you replied, curling up amoungst the pillows like a tired puppy.

Then again, that's what you technically were.

Scout stared up at the ceiling.

Maybe this wouldn't be that bad.

After all, he always wanted a little sister.