Snakes! (red!Sniper X gorgon!reader)

Sniper was in a sandy part of the base, practising his sniper skills while the others went about their own business in the base. He hid behind an abandoned building, shooting at a target, when all of a sudden he heard a sinister sound; it was quiet but made Sniper freeze momentarily.

Hissssssssss!
Sniper quickly looked up from the sniper-scope when he heard the sinister hissing sound.

He looked around to see where it was coming from, glaring through the sniper-scope when no other sound came.

Hisssssssss!
There it was again!

"Alright, who's there?" Sniper growled, getting out his Kukri machete, taking his sniper as well and walking towards the hissing sound.
His eyes widened behind his glassed when he saw movement behind a plant; something with greenish-brown scales which writhed slowly, almost tauntingly.
"DIE SNAKES!" He yelled, about to swing down when the snake slid back towards where it was.
Sniper moved the plant, crushing some of it under his boots, when he saw a few more snakes slithering around in a group.

"What the?" he mouthed, seeing how small the snakes were and how there were so many of them.
Suddenly the snakes all fixed their glowing eyes on a cactus,the plant turning to stone.
A tiny giggle was heard from the bush.
Sniper moved some of the brush aside....and couldn't believe his eyes!
An infant gorgon was in the bush giggling softly to herself.

".......Well I'll be staffed"