Smells Fishy (Demoman X Siren!Reader)

Age: 14

Funnily enough, Demoman had been a father to you since you got adopted into his family when you were little, and you'd already met the team.

But there was one thing only you and Demoman knew; you were a siren with a gorgeous (F/C) tail as well as ear-fins and scales to match it when you were in water.

One day you were having a swim at the forest base since there was a lake there (if there isn't one in a specific part, just imagine one), your dad singing some old Scottish drinking song as he downed some alcohol. You harmonized with him in the song as much as you could, though you didn't know some of the words.
"Aye, there's me darlin' girl a-singin', me lovely lass!" he said happily, his words a little slurred.
"Hi dad!" you called back, giggling a little as you watched him stumble over.
Your tail fin popped out of the water, the fluid cascading off it in small drops and waves.
Demoman chuckled, sobering up a tad, sitting down by the large pond you were swimming in.

There was a sudden scream of terror as a few of the mercenaries saw your tail.

Startled, you hid under the water again, holding your tail as if you were hugging your knees and looking horrified.
This was it!
You were both shark bait!

"Wha' is the meanin' of this?!" Demoman snarled, standing up to face Scout, Engineer and Medic standing and staring in horror; Scout was the one who had screamed, though he tried to play it off that he hadn't.
"Demoman, I'd advise you to get away from the water" Engineer replied in a surprisingly nervous tone.
"And why would I do tha', lad?" Demoman returned, glaring.
"S-Somethin's in there, dude! are you freaking crazy?!" Scout's voice broke a little as he spoke, his hand clenched tightly around his bat.
"Calm down, calm down. You know me daughter was visitin'. All of you know (Y/N), don't you?" Demoman looked protective and a tad perturbed.

You stayed under the water, shaking like a leaf on a tree branch in a rough wind, your forehead placed on where your knees ought to have been.

"Ja, but somezing moved in ze vater, Demoman! if you don't get avay, it vill catch you!" Medic burst out, readying his syringe gun.

"Don' even think of it, lad" Demoman growled with a fierceness a father would show when his child was in danger.

"B-But there was a freaking TAIL, dude!" Scout yelled. Engineer peered at both Demo and Scout through his work goggles.

Engineer said nothing this time around, only gave Demoman an "explain yourself" expression, his eyes hidden behind his dark goggles.

"Alright. I'll show ye all that Y/N is nothing to be worried about. You all know her, but she's not fully human, that's all" Demoman told them in a surprisingly calm way.

"W-what is she?" Engineer demanded.

"Why don't you ask her yourself?" Demoman snapped. Turning towards the lake, he signaled for you to come up.

The other three waited anxiously as they heard a rapid succession of splashes and drips, ripples and bubbles appearing in the water, followed by your head slowly emerging from the water, your shoulders appearing after to reveal the straps of your (tank top/bikini/tankini) which was your favourite colour.

Water cascaded from your hair and dripped down your skin, the scales on your shoulders shimmered in the daylight.

Demoman looked at you lovingly, both of you sharing that father-daughter smile before you both looked at the three mercenaries.
"Fascinating...." Medic gasped, Scout gulped. Engineer looked confused.

"Now you know, guys. I'm a siren" you said casually, answering any questions they had.

Medic especially had lost of questions -mainly about the biological and scientific facts about your species- and Scout couldn't look away from you.

"Hey! if you're in love with me young daughter, lad, you'll have to get through me!" Demoman told Scout protectively, making him yelp in surprise and blush.

You sniggered at this.

"Daaaaad!"

"What? it's true!"