chapter 1

Penelope was given a letter from her mermaid pen pal and came to her father. "Daddy, can I go visit my friend Mindy?" she asked. "She sent me a letter saying she wants to meet up some time, can you turn me into a mermaid?"

"Very well, but Atticus will have to come with you." Drell said.

"Aw, come on!" Penelope pouted. "Why can't I go alone?"

"There's a cyclops in the ocean and where he is impervious to magic." Drell told her firmly.

"Oh..." Penelope said. "Um, how bad could it be?"

"Don't tempt it..." Drell warned. "Hasn't your friend Mindy warned you about him?"

"You know what, maybe it would be safe if had someone with muscles and incredible strength to come along with me." Penelope smiled nervously, now remembering what her pen pal had warned her about.

"Mm-hmm..." Drell nodded to her.

"Uh, sorry, Dad..." Penelope said then, nervous that he was probably mad at her due to her snarky behavior just then.

"Anyway, we should go get Atticus, so then you both can get to your pen pal." Drell said.

"Uh, yes, sir..." Penelope nodded. "Thank you, Daddy."

"Sure, dear." Drell smiled to her. "Go get yourself ready."

Penelope then walked off to get ready to meet her underwater pen pal.

"SKIPPY!" Drell yelled out.

Skippy was right behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"Ah, there you are," Drell said once he turned around to see Skippy. "We're going to be getting Atticus."

Skippy smirked slightly.

"What?" Drell asked him.

Skippy tilted his head and smiled cutely as he took out a lollipop and licked it.

"Okay, I love Atticus, he's a good kid, he's like the son I never had..." Drell admitted.

Skippy smirked out of victory. Drell smiled gently before pounding Skippy on the head. Skippy grunted as his hat covered his eyes and he was having a hard time getting around.

"Come here, darling, let's visit Atticus before you see Mindy." Drell told Penelope.

Penelope nodded and went over to her father and uncle.

"Let's get going then." Penelope said.

Drell nodded as Skippy struggled and they then went off to the Fudo house.

Atticus was playing video games with Cherry and Mo on the couch as it was what felt like an extremely normal day, at least, so far.

"I'm finally gonna beat you today, Cherry." Atticus said.

"Noooope..." Cherry replied as her eyes didn't leave the screen.

"Oh, really?" Atticus smirked as he started to use a combo of his own.

"That's cheating!" Cherry whined.

"No, it's not, it's called making up your own combo." Atticus smirked as he finally beat Cherry at a game.

"I hate you..." Cherry narrowed her eyes. "I hope you get crushed by marshmallows."

"Hello, Atticus!" Drell smiled as he, Penelope, and Skippy appeared in the room.

"Oh, great, it's you..." Cherry glanced at the warlock.

"Quiet in your house..." Penelope noticed.