chapter 3

The fish squire blew his trumpet as the king and princess took their seats in front of the knights in shining armor. Neptune soon snapped his fingers to summon someone to bring out another throne for his nephew. A fish picked up the throne and struggled.

"Lemme get that." Atticus took it like it was weightless and sat down beside his other uncle and cousin.

The royal squire then finished the song. Neptune then clonked him on the head.

"Oh, uh," the squire cleared his throat. "The Royal Court is now in session, bring the prisoner forward!"

Atticus, Mo, Cherry, and Penelope were about to see who was going to be punished. There was a very puny and scrawy fish who had arm chains and looked very fat, scared, and geeky.

"So, you have confessed to the crime of touching the king's crown?" Neptune glared to him.

"Yes, but..." the prisoner tried to explain.

"BUT WHAT?!" Neptune snarled.

"But it's my job, Your Highness," the fish replied while shivering in immense fear. "I'm the royal crown polisher."

"Well, then I guess I can't execute you..." Neptune replied as he tried to think of a punishment. "20 years in the dungeon it is!"

"He can't be serious," Mo said. "Well, Atticus and Mindy won't let him get away with it, I just know it."

"Daddy!" Mindy glared at her father, then swam over to free the crown polisher. "You're free to go." she then said with a smile as she took him out of his shackles.

"Bless you, Princess Mindy." The crown polisher smiled.

Mindy smiled back.

"Take care." Aticus told the fish.

"Thank you as well." the crown polisher then said to Atticus before he went off in sheer happiness and gratitude.

"Mindy, Atticus, how dare you defy me?!" Neptune glared at the two.

"He was the crown polisher, the crown polisher is actually supposed to touch the crown so he can get it polished/cleaned." Atticus said.

"Besides, why do you have to be so mean?" Mindy added in for defense.

"I am the king," Neptune replied boastfully. "I must enforce the laws of the sea."

"Man, it's like Drell upped to eleven." Cherry groaned.

"Listen, it's okay to enforce the laws, but can't you just cool it down?" Atticus asked.

"Father, I wish you'd try a little love and compassion instead of these harsh punishments." Mindy of course agreed.

"That would be nice." A fish sighed with a smile.

Neptune then hit him on the head with his scepter. "Squire, clear the room," he demanded firmly. "I would like to speak to my daughter and nephew alone."

The squire soon left the room with everyone else including Penelope, Cherry, and Mo.

"Wow, it hasn't even been twelve hours and Atticus is already in trouble for being self-righteous." Penelope commented.

"Oh, be quiet." Mo said.

"You wanna make me?" Penelope challenged.

Mo growled to her as they left the scene.

Neptune took off his crown and showed his daughter and nephew. "What is this, Atticus and Mindy?"

"Your crown?" Atticus and Mindy said, confused.