chapter 8

As they fell, SpongeBob and Patrick did some tough moves.

"SpongeBob, Patrick, would you mind telling me why you both jumped instead of using the stairs?" Atticus asked calmly as he reached them.

"Bec--Well..." Patrick paused to think about it, but he didn't know what to say and neither did his best friend.

The two then started to scream until a branch caught them and broke their fall and they landed safely on the ground.

"Okay, you two you can stop screaming, you're safe on the ground." Atticus said.

"Are we dead?" Patrick asked.

"No." Atticus said.

"Far from it, my friend," SpongeBob smiled to his best friend. "We're safe and sound at the bottom of this trench. The muscles worked! Do you know what that means?"

"We're invincible!" Patrick beamed.

Atticus sighed, then decided to let the two have their moment. "Ready to go, girls?" he then asked Cherry and Mo.

"Yep." Mo and Cherry nodded.

"Let's go then." Atticus said.

Cherry and Mo then followed him, Patrick, and SpongeBob as they came into the monstrous trench.

"There's nothing that can stop us now." SpongeBob smiled.

There was then music playing.

"They're gonna sing now?" Cherry sounded unfortunate.

"Yep." Atticus groaned.

"Why?" Cherry sounded miserable.

Atticus conjured up ear plugs the three of them. SpongeBob and Patrick sang a song about being men as they were avoiding the monsters with ease. And where nothing seemed to hurt them.

Cherry, Atticus, and Mo carefully followed the sponge and starfish. One monster disguised his hand as the road and was about to eat them all, until... SpongeBob and Patrick did random dance moves which attracted the monsters, but they just watched the show instead of eating the five of them all alive.

"Well, this is happening." Mo said.

"I wanna say something, but I don't know what to say." Cherry blinked.

"Same here." Atticus said.

"Please stop soon..." Cherry begged.

Then, SpongeBob and Patrick stopped which made the monsters cheer for them and befriend the sponge and starfish.

"Okay, they are done singing." Atticus said.

The monsters sang as well. Cherry rolled her eyes and they climbed up the steps on the other side of the trench.

"Finally, we made it!" Mo said, then saw a sign. "'Shell City dead ahead'!"

"We did it, guys!" SpongeBob cheered. "We made it past everything! Even the hideous, disgusting monsters!"

The monsters overheard that, then left as they had their feelings hurt by that exclamation.

"Uh, not you guys!" SpongeBob tried to cheer them up. "You gys are awesome!"

"Well, looks like we should be there by just a few more steps." Mo smiled.

"Well, Patrick, we should be there in one more verse," SpongeBob said before singing again. "Now that we're men~--"

Mo, Cherry, and Atticus groaned to that. But before the reprise could begin...

"Finally," a dark voice said. "I got you right where I want you."

"Uh, who are you?" Mo asked the dark voice.

"Name's Dennis," the tough guy fish replied as he stepped over. "I've been hired to exterminate you."

"You mean terminate us?" Cherry asked.

"Don't contradict me!" Dennis yelled in her face, blowing her hair back slightly.

"You are here to terminate us, huh?" Atticus smirked, unimpressed with this guy.

SpongeBob and Patrick even laughed.

"Listen, junior, you caught me and my friends here in a good mood today, so I'm gonna let you off with a warning," SpongeBob smirked smugly. "Step aside, and you won't have to feel the awesome wrath of our muscles."

"All right, enough gab." Dennis challenged.

"What do you want with us?" Mo asked.

"Plankton was very specific." Dennis replied.

"Plankton?" SpongeBob asked.

"For some reason, he wanted me to step on you all." Dennis informed.

"Step on us?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah, that way you'd never find out HE stole the crown!" Dennis explained.

"You do realize that you just revealed who really stole my Uncle Neptune's crown, right?" Atticus asked with a smirk.

"Bad guys are so dumb.." Cherry agreed.

"Uh, perhaps I said too much..." Dennis replied, slightly nervous at first, then raised his boot high over them to squash them.

"Wow, nice spikes." Atticus smirked before starting to bend the spikes on Dennis's boot to scare him off.

"That's one big boot..." Patrick replied.

"Don't worry, this will only hurt a lot, and GET OFF OF THOSE!" Dennis glared at Atticus.

"Who's gonna make me?" Atticus glared back.

"Go Atticus!" SpongeBob cheered.

Atticus growled and was about to lunge out for Dennis, but then a big boot came down and steped on Dennis right there and then.

"Whoa, how'd you do that, Atticus?" Cherry asked.

"I didn't." Atticus said.

"Bigger boot!" Patrick started to run away.

"Wait, Pat," SpongeBob stopped him. "That bigger boot saved our lives!"

"Ohh, yeah." Patrick smiled.

"Thank you, stranger!" SpongeBob and Patrick smiled to the bigger boot.

They looked up to their savior only to get no response from him.

"Uhh.. Stranger?" SpongeBob asked.

The figure was a scuba diver and he looked rather aggressive and hostile towards the sea creatures below him.

"This guy must be the cyclops." Atticus said.

"Atticus, do your thing with this guy." Mo said.

"Okay, guy, you asked for this..." Atticus cracked his knuckles at the 'cyclops'. "I'm not afraid of you!"

The cyclops was about to reach down and pick them up, but then Atticus used his magic and he was now slightly bigger than the Cyclops himself, making him nervous while the now giant strong merboy smirked. The cyclops backed up slightly. Atticus then jumped after the cyclops and started to beat him up.

"Whoo! Go, Atticus!" SpongeBob and Patrick cheered.

Atticus laughed, but then something changed. The cyclops then grabbed Atticus which made him somehow shrink down and then he grabbed the others. The next thing everyone knew, they were on the surface and they dried up and died. The End.

Akito, Estelle, Vincent, Eloise, and Jenny gasped.

"Maman!" Felicity yelped. "Did you all die?!"

An older Cherry smirked slightly. "Just kidding..."

"Whew, so Dad didn't actually somehow shrink back down to normal size and actually got to defeat the cyclops, right?" Akito asked hopefully.

"Well, something happened to us..." Cherry said. "I don't really remember what, but the next thing we knew, we were washed up on the ocean shore... I just can't remember what happened, but we ended up on the surface and were of course our human forms again, but SpongeBob and Patrick were about to suffer a very deathly fate."