chapter 2

"Princess Mindy, you have visitors." the squire fish announced.

"Send them in." The mermaid princess said.

The squire fish nodded and let the others pass.

"How is that fish walking like a person?" Penelope asked Atticus.

"I don't know, must be a thing here." Atticus whispered.

Mindy came over and smiled. "Penelope!"

"Mindy!" Penelope beamed.

The two then swam up together and hugged each other instantly. Atticus was happy for the two of them.

"Oh, you've brought company?" Mindy looked over to see the others.

"I hope you don't mind." Penelope said.

"That should be fine," Mindy agreed, then looked to the guests. "Hey, aren't you Triton and Athena's nephew?" she then asked Atticus, seeming to recognize him.

"That would be me." Atticus said.

"I thought it was you," Mindy smiled. "Nice to see you outside of Atlantica."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mindy, and I actually live on land." Atticus said.

"Oh, well, that's different..." Mindy replied.

"A good different?" Atticus asked.

"I'm surprised, but impressed." Mindy replied.

"Thanks." Atticus smiled.

"But why do you live on land?" Mindy asked.

"Because that's where my parents and family live, well, you know, not all my family, some live in the ocean and some live on land." Atticus said.

"Really?" Mindy asked, feeling blown away. "I never heard of such a thing."

"Oh, by the way, Mindy, what's your mother's name?" Atticus asked. "I haven't really seen her."

"Queen Amphirite," Mindy replied. "She's gone out of town, so it's just me and dad until she comes back."

"Ohh, that's right, Aunt Amphirite." Atticus said, now remembering.

"You guys used to visit when you were a baby, but you just stopped for some reason..." Mindy said, not knowing the real reason.

"It's a long story, Mindy." Atticus replied.

Mindy then took her guests into her room. "When the fanfare starts, I have to go with Daddy to the royal court..." she then sighed. "Knowing him, he's going to punish someone for doing nothing wrong."

"Does he really do that?" Atticus asked, surprised.

"Don't get me started..." Mindy sighed.

"Man, and I thought Uncle Triton was hostile..." Atticus replied. "Wonder how Uncle Neptune feels about humans?"

"Hard to say," Mindy replied. "Sometimes I wanna go around though and explore, I've memorized the name of every sea creature though."

"Cool." Atticus smiled.

Mindy smiled back.

"These fish are weird..." Penelope looked out the window. "They walk like people... This can't be normal."

"I agree." Cherry said.

"What're the fish like where you live?" Mindy asked as though she didn't find anything wrong with the underwater population in this ocean.

"Well, they don't wear any clothes and they don't walk like people." Mo said.

"That's weird." Mindy said.