chapter 6

Meanwhile with SpongeBob and the others as he and Patrick were being carried by Atticus as they both were getting tired...

The two were babbling weakly together as they were being carried by the strong merboy.

"Are we there yet?" Patrick moaned.

"No, not yet." Atticus groaned.

"We must be close by now..." SPongeBob said, then instantly cheered up. "Guys, look!" he then pointed to a sign that was right in front of them. "Shell City's only five days away!"

The wind then blew off a leaf that was on the sign.

"By car..." Patrick added lightly.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me!" Atticus exclaimed.

"I still wish we had our car..." SpongeBob moped.

"Guys, look!" Cherry pointed and found the Patty Wagon parked in front of a beat-up bar. "It's the car!"

"Wahoo! Let's get it and drive the rest of the way." Mo said.

They rushed to the car, but unfortunately...

"The key!" SpongeBob frowned.

"Where do you guys think it is?" Patrick asked.

A fish was then kicked through one of the bar's windows and landed next to SpongeBob, Patrick, Cherry, Atticus, and Mo, with many broken bones and a painfully twitchy leg.

"I think I have an idea where." Atticus said as he looked inside.

The others came behind him as they looked inside the bar through a broken window. The inside is a disaster. Everything is cracked or splintered, and the dim lights make everything look red. 'R.I.P.' is written in spray paint on a wall with a dead or knocked out fish below it. They then saw the Boat Jacker playing pool with the key hooked onto his belt.

"There it is, guys, the key, now, how're we gonna get it?" SpongeBob asked.

"I know," Patrick smiled simply. "Walk in and ask for it back."

"I have a much faster way of getting it back." Atticus said, cracking his knuckles.

SpongeBob was about to say that was a terrible idea, but then he heard some more fighting inside the night club and where it seemed like that was how the thug fish there got to settle things.

"How about someone distracts them and one of us gets the key?" Cherry suggested.

"Ooh! Ooh! Wait!" Patrick piped up. "I wanna do the distraction!"

"I think Atticus should do the distracting instead." Mo suggested.

"Aw, pleeeease?" Patrick begged.

Atticus sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine, if it'll keep you quiet."

"Yay!" Patrick cheered.

"If the distraction doesn't work, we are going with getting the key back by force." Mo whispered.

"Right." Cherry agreed.

Atticus rolled his eyes and came into the bar with the starfish.

"Can I have everybody's attention?" Patrick called as he stood by the strong merboy.

All the thug fish turned their heads to the idiot starfish and strong merboy's direction to see what Patrick had to say. Atticus looked ready to fight just in case they tried anything.

"I have to use the bathroom." Patrick told the fish.

"It's, uhh... Right over there..." the Boat Jacker pointed in one direction before looking down to see the sponge trying to reach for the key.