Chapter 6

I look up and Noah is standing in front of me holding out my papers in an absolute mess. "Are you okay?" He asks. "uh-um-uhhhhhhhhh..." Is all that comes out of my mouth. "Think stupid. Your crush from the second grade is talking to you. SAY SOMETHING YOU IDIOT."  "Sorry" I mumbled. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." "No don't worry about it. I'm just glad you're okay. You fell pretty hard." "Yeah, no, I'm okay."  "Here let me help you up." He held out his hand and I took it. He helped me up and I took my papers from him. "Next time Quinny, try not to hit into me." I started at him blankly. "I'm kidding." He laughed and I laughed nervously with him. "Hope to see you around more often." He said walking away. "Yeah." I said quietly. I couldn't really function on the way to my next class because all I could focus on was his amazingly adorable face and how fast my heart was beating. A few happy periods later, the last bell of the day rang and I was home free for a whole weekend by myself as my dad was away on a business trip. I sprinted to Katie's room to tell her what happened. "Hey Quinny." "Hi" I said in a singsong voice. "It looks as if you have been shot by cupids arrow." She said extremely suspicious. "I have been." "Noah knows my name." "No way." "Yup" I said popping the p. "How do you know?" So I told Katie the whole story and my heart started racing as I re told it. "Oh my goodness." "And, the best part is, he put my glasses back on my face for me." "THAT'S SO CUTE." Katie screamed like she was a little kid. "He said he hopes he sees me around more often." "Omg well now you have to ask him to hang out with you." "I don't know." "WHAT!?!?!" "Quinn, he wants to hang out with you, go for it." "I don't know. He's so popular and I'm so not and it would never work." You never know darling." "You ready to go Quinny?" "Yes." "Okay, let's go." So Katie drove me home and when I got home it was really dark in the house. Dad was out for the entire weekend, so I get to do whatever I want for the whole weekend. So at about five o'clock and the doorbell starting ringing like absolute crazy. I got off of the couch and grabbed a bat because I was terrified. I slowly opened the door and...