☆ Chapter 3 ☆ ~ The man from the bar

I hated how guilty I felt after that incident with Daryl. I needed to clear my mind. Strolling down the street, I heard "All I do" by Kirk Whalum playing inside a bar. I guess, I could use a drink. Or two. As I made my way to the bar, I noticed that the bartender was somewhat attractive. He gave me a lopsided grin which I then noticed, he had a dimple. Dimples are my kryptonite. I ordered a bottle of beer while enjoying the piece played by a band on stage. 

At the corner of my eye, I noticed that the bartender looked my way rather often. But then again, he was also flirting with a couple of girls at the other end of the bar. 

"Hey, I'm Kriss. You can call me, K. Everyone here does. What's yours?"

"Maine," I said, shaking his hands.

"What is a pretty girl like you doing here? Are you waiting for someone? Boyfriend?", Kriss was obviously trying to make a conversation.

"Nothing much. No, and no." Seriously, I just wanted to enjoy the music and wasn't really in the mood for flirting games after what just happened with Daryl.

However, Kriss obviously didn't get the subtle hint and insisted that we should go out for coffee after he get off from work. I guess a cup of coffee wouldn't hurt. While waiting for Kriss to pack up, I managed to learn a couple of new things about Kriss. He was 22 years old, which is 4 years elder than I am. Kriss wasn't an employee, he owned that bar. He doesn't have a car because he travels on his motorbike. And he likes Jazz, which is mainly the reason he bought the place.

After locking up, Kriss passed me a full-faced helmet. Nice. I've always liked riding more than driving. It is only when I drive, that is when I hate motorcyclists. Especially the fat ones, because they ride in the middle of the middle lane. They don't realise that just because they're fat, it does not mean they're cars, dammit!

The cool, night breeze calms my grumpy thoughts as I watched the night lights emitted by neon signboards. The sky was clear with stars lighting the dark night. My mind wandered off to where he and I used to lay by the beach, gazing at stars. We were together for so long that we could just lay there for hours in silence, looking at  each other in the eyes without uttering a single word and yet, feeling so much love had been said. "Baby, I love you... I love you so much that I will never let you go. Unless, you want me to," he said. I missed him so much that it hurts. I was so engrossed in my reminiscence of 'him' that I didn't realise Kriss had already stopped infront of  The Coffee Bean.

The rest of the night was spent talking about music, Jazz in particular. And random facts like how a female penguin would whore for pebbles to build her nest. Or how a person like Kriss fell in love with Jazz. I guess it is true that you can't judge a book by its covers.

When I checked my phone, it has been 3 hours since we left the bar. Wow! 5:30 a.m. and I have an hour to get home and be ready for school. "Maybe we can do this again some other time, yeah? I'll give you a call later?" asked Kriss, while dropping me off infront of my house. I nodded and gave him a smile, walking into the house.

Gosh! I'm so going to need an enerygy drink right now. And some chocolate bars. Though I love the smell of coffee, it does absolutely nothing to keep me awake. Sugar is much more efficient. It's like I'm immune to caffeine. Urgh! It is when I don't get my sleep, I'll go absolutely bonkers. Crazy. Like I was high on weed or something. Once, I did a countdown before ripping a huge fart infront of my girl friends. Their expression was priceless. But they never let me live it down afterwards. It's time like this, I hate that I have to go to school. But then again, there's Jayce...... 

 ❦

☆ End of Chapter 3 ☆

Note : Picture of Kriss on the right --->