☆ Chapter 6 ☆ ~ The man who sang

"Hey, Maine Maine. What is with the shit face? School just started, and you're having a bad day already?"

I didn't look up because my face found a liking towards the table and decided to stick to it."Urggghh... I am sooooo nooooottttt in the mood right now." As much as I love my girl friends, I don't usually tell them stuffs, why share unhappy things and make more people unhappy when the end result is the same? Besides, I usually don't stay unhappy for long and I am not the type to cry over boys. Well... Not since he left.

But Madeleine wouldn't leave me and my face alone, because she decided to kick my table. "Oof! What the f-"

"This is Mable, and this is Luanna. They just transferred here. I don't care what is your mood, say hi!"the all-too-bubbly-that-I-am-blinded-by-its-glowing-happiness Madeleine said. Or threatened. It might not sound like a threat, but trust me, her glare is much more threatening than a Yakuza with a samurai sword. I remembered the time where there was a big fat bully who came over and asked Madeleine for protection fee. But the fat bully end up giving Madeleine money instead. It was funny, since he was twice her size. 

"Uh, hey, I'm Maine. Hajime mashite!" 

They both look a little shy to my liking. A little like Aimee, the quiet type. That is why I usually hang out with guys outside school. Girls are too fragile at times, and whenever I hang out with them, I have this need or feeling to protect or watch over them. Guys, on the other hand, can act as my punching bag and serve as my bodyguard. 

My favourite after school activity is hanging out at the cybercafe with the boys playing DotA. If you don't know what DotA is, it is a RPG game from Warcraft III. It is an Asian thing, I guess. Almost everyone plays it. If you don't, you're a noob.

Jim sat next to me as I plopped down onto the chair in front of table 23. I have been seeing Jim for a month now. Not really dating, but not really friends either. We usually meet at this cybercafe anyway. Never did any couple stuffs, except we went for movies a couple of times. He thinks I'm his girlfriend, but that's only him though, and I never bothered to clear it up. It's such a trouble to explain and all that talk is way too troublesome. Besides, I got someone to accompany to watch a movie whenever I want to. 

Killing Spree! Owning!

Woohoo! Killed 3 heroes within the first 15 minutes. This might not be such a bad day after all. 

*~*~*~*~*

After that game, I felt much better. I thought I'd drop by Kriss's place for a drink or two. At times, I am thankful for who I became. If I am who I used to be, what happened with Jayce would ruin my entire week. Sure, I liked him, but that was it. I am not going to let anyone else break me. I'm going to enjoy every single moment of my life. More accurately, every single moment of my single life. 

The moment I walked through that door, I was dumbfounded. There he was, looking so sexy with his bad boy biker jacket and his beautiful voice. Right at that moment, my surroundings seem to fade away and all I could see... is him.

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ ~ I miss you, like everyday

Wanna be with you, but you're away

Said I miss you, missing you insane

But if I got with you, could it feel the same ~♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ 

I knew that Kriss loved music, but I never knew he could sing so well, let alone play an instrument. I guess his looks wasn't the only reason he had so many girls visiting his bar every night.

"Hey, Maine. I was just thinking about you. How did I do?" said Kriss offering a sexy grin. I don't know if it is just me, or did Kriss just gotten sexier. 

I am never the type to easily give compliments to guys because I enjoy deflating their ego. It is always fun to watch their expression. "Meh," I said nonchalantly. "Oh, really?" he asked while spinning me, swaying to Michael Buble's version of "Fever". When he laid his hands on my waist which sent shivers down my spine. Or rather, it's giving me fever.

"I think you're impressed. And that you find me sexily attractive."

"Well, I think you're full of yourself and a little overconfident, don't you think so?"

"What? You don't think I'm sexy?" he asked, feigning hurt.

Before I could come up with an answer, I was pushed away by a swarm of bee with itches. While walking away, I heard some of them say, "Oh, that was great Kriss. You're amazing, Kriss. Kriss, wonderful as always." Blah, blah, blah. Who doesn't know that your mother is a woman? Why bother stating the obvious? Is it even necessary? 

Wait.

Fuck! I sound like a jealous girlfriend. Damned! I'm losing it. Must be the music. That must be it. The music hypnotised me, and I'm not thinking straight. Good Gawd!

That was when I realised...

...

...

...

...

...

Kriss is a fucking pied piper! He must've hypnotised me!

☆ End of Chapter 6 ☆