☆ Chapter 4 ☆ ~ Back to the boy from school

As I walked towards the school gate, I saw Jayce leaning on the wall. He's sporting a new haircut. "Wow! That is so hot!" I thought to myself. As soon as he saw me, a smile formed on his face, then suddenly it was replaced with a frown. "What is with that look? I don't look THAT bad, do I?" I asked, curious with the sudden change of expression.

"Nope. You look great as always. It's just... It's just that, I'm moving away again."

"What? Why? But you've been here only for a month," I felt a strange feeling tugged at my heart, I was just getting to know him.

"Moving... You know, far away from here? Because you don't want to be my girlfriend and all," a mischievous grin formed as he said that. 

"Yeah... Nice one there. Real smooth," I scowled while turning to walk away.

He stood in front of me with intentions to block my path, only for me to push forward with a glare. He walked backwards so he could face me while he said, "Don't you like me? Don't you have feelings for me? Anything?"

"No. Why would I like someone who just made something up so that I would be his girlfriend?"

"Well, it's okay, because I like you,"  he stopped walking as he grabbed the back of my neck and his other hand at the back of my waist, pulling me closer to him and at the same time, slamming his lips on mine. It happened so fast, that my mind went blank. I stood there with my eyes open, looking like an idiotic mannequin. 

The kiss ended as quickly as it started. The next thing I know, I was watching him run towards the hall while shouting over his shoulders, "I'll see you at lunch in the cafeteria, GIRLFRIEND."

Wow. Un-fucking-believable. Did he just appoint himself as my boyfriend? I think he did. But that kiss was... nice. It was not a sloppy kiss with tongue action and all, but there was a lot of feelings being poured out, that it was kind of... sweet. Then again, they were nothing like the kisses I shared with "him". 

"I believe I saw some romance drama happened at the front gate this morning. You have the rights to remain silent, anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law. Wait, actually you do NOT have the rights to remain silent. How could you do this! We have the rights to know! Now, details, bitch!" said Madeleine. Despite her serious tone, she was smiling, clearly excited about the news. Aimee was nodding quietly while she looked at me expectantly with wide eyes, waiting for a juicy story. Which is kind of... abnormal, since Asians are said to have our eyes closed all the time. 

After I finished telling them about what had happened this morning, they looked at me without moving or saying anything. After a minute or so, Aimee asked, "What? That is all?" It was as if they were disappointed that Jayce hadn't taken me there and then, in front of the school, for the whole world to see. They should have watched porn instead. Pffffft. Crazy bitches.

 *Krrriiiiinnnnggggg!!!*

 As soon as the school bell rung, we head down to the cafeteria. After paying for food, we went to our usual spot. "Hey, girlfriend," said Jayce while putting his arms over my shoulders. Before I even managed to reply, I heard, "Jayce, I see that you're hitting on girls again, huh?"

I turned to look at the direction of the voice, there were three girls were standing behind me. "No, she's my GIRLFRIEND," he said, emphasising on the word "girlfriend". One of the girls glared at me, but was quickly dragged away by the other two girls. That's right, bitches. Just walk away.

"I don't remember accepting you as my boyfriend," I said without an expression, without looking away from my food. Because food is important. And no, I wasn't having rice. 

"Details... Details... They're insignificant. What matters is that I like you, you like me, everybody is happy." Jayce was smiling brightly before I managed to turn that smile upside-down. "I never said I liked you either."

"Ouch!" Madeleine was taunting him. "Did the hot new guy just got burned?"

Jayce got up without uttering a single word. As he walked away, I felt a little bad. I do like him a little, after all, he was attractive. "One week."

"What?" he looked around to ask what I just said.

"I said, let's give it a try for a week, and see where it goes."

At that moment, he looked like a child who was given a pack of candy after he was refused a bar of chocolates. And I think he kind of ran-skipped out of the cafeteria. Maybe, he is able to make me forget about "him".

*~*~*~*~*

The next day of school was quite... eventful. Jayce waited for me at the school gates again. He slung his arms over my shoulder as he walked next to me. He asked a boy who walked pass us, "Hey, this is my girlfriend. Isn't she pretty? You'd better say she's pretty!" In which, I turned to ask Jayce what the hell is he trying to do through gritted teeth.

That poor boy was so scared that he ran and tripped over himself. I couldn't stop myself from laughing. But then Jayce was not going to stop, as he turned to ask another guy. He did this the entire day. I was so embarrassed. At the same time, I think it was sweet. I think.

I wondered why Jayce didn't join us during lunch. At that moment, one of my classmate told me that there was a bunch of girls surrounding Jayce outside his classroom, and there was shouting involved, which is why she came over to let me know.

I head towards Jayce's class while Madeleine and Aimee tagged along to watch the show. Jayce saw me coming, so he said something to one of the girls, which I presume is the leader. The girls glared at me before dismissing. Wow! A flock of bitch PMS together?

"What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing. Nothing, really. Don't worry about it. Here, I'll walk you to class."

Shrugging, I thought I'll leave it at that while letting him accompany me to my class since he assured me it was nothing. I couldn't really be bothered anyway.

 ❦

☆ End of Chapter 5 ☆

Note : Jayce with a new haircut --->