☆ Chapter 7 ☆ ~ The sweet man

Just before I was about to walk out the bar, Kriss grabbed my arms. 

"Maine, please stay and have a drink."

Why not, I thought to myself. I needed a drink anyway. Those groupies doesn't seem too happy about it,  though. We sat down at the bar and we both had a glass of Chivas on the rocks each.

"So, how is your love life?" he asked.

"Love life as in non-existent. I guess it is pretty good. Can't complain."

"What happened  to your that...uhm...? What's his name? Minimum? Hahahaha!"

That made me let out a tiny laugh, "Very funny. His name is Max. Smart-ass! And how did you remember that? I've only mentioned him once. Anyway, he's old news."

"Finally! She laughs!"

Kriss asked why was I so glum when I came in. So, I told him about Jayce. Then there was a whole other topic. One drink came after another, and before I know it, there wasn't anyone left at the bar except for me and Kriss. 

"Hey, it's getting late, I've got to- ... woah..." I felt tipsy as I got down from the bar stool. 

Kriss held my arms to keep me steady, "Are you ok? Look, I'm not going to let you go home by yourself in this state. My place is just around the block, less than 5 minutes walk away."

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm not as drunk as I look. Just a wee bit tipsy, that's all. I'll  be fine."

"Do I look like I buy that crap? Listen, I am not going to let you go home like this. Not to mention it's late, and it is dangerous. Youl're coming with me, that's the end of it," he said firmly.

I leaned towards the street lamp as I waited for Kriss to close up. The sky was clear and the soft breeze was comforting. The stars were twinkling brightly. I miss him. Max... Then I started laughing as I remembered what Kriss said about his name.

"And she said she isn't drunk. Staring into space, laughing alone... Yeap, totally normal."

I smacked him before strolling next to him. "So, how much further do we have to walk? These heels are killing me."

Kriss slowed down his pace as he asked, ' Just a bit more. Do you want me to carry you?"

"Nah, I'm fine," I assured him as we continued walking. Then, my heels decided to take up his offer of carrying me as one of my heels got caught in the drain cover and broke off.

"Aw, shucks! These are my favourite heels! I'm sad now..." 

Kriss started laughing loudly which echoed through the quiet streets. But he was sweet enough to offer me his sneakers. But I decided to walk barefooted instead. I was complaining about the heels throughout the way back to his place.

"Here, you can use the bathroom and you can sleep on my bed, I'll just sleep on the floor," he said as he showed me to his room. 

I went to the bathroom to wash up and laid on his bed. Kriss then switched off the lights and slept on the floor without a mat or a blanket. 

"Uhm... Kriss...?"

"Yeah...?"

"I need to puke..."

"Oh God! Seriously...?"

"Yeah... But I can't see shit!"

"Ok, ok, here, hold my hand..."

I knelt down infront of the bowl and puked my lungs out. That was when I felt a hand pat my back and held my hair back. It was then, I felt my heart beating rapidly. Even I wouldn't want to come near me at that time. But he made me feel... nice.

"How is it you have so much to puke, huh? Here, have some water," he said while handling me his bottled water.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that."

"Nah, don't be. Now let's sleep,"  he said as he switched off the lights.

I felt bad about him having to sleep on the floor. And the bed is big enough for the both of us. Besides, he has been very sweet. Nothing is going to happen tonight. Both of us are dead tired and we're just going to sleep.

"Kriss...? Where are you?" I asked because it was so dark and I couldn't see anything or even make out his figure.

"Uhm...Just standing here...? Next to the bed...?"

"Why?"

"I don't know...?" he said, sounding a little confused.

"Just sleep on the bed, it's big enough for both of us."

There was silence for a moment. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. The floor is bad for your back and it's uncomfortable."

"Ok."

He laid down beside me as he tucked me under the blanket. The last thing I remembered was him patting my head until I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was already a little brighter. Possibly about 8 in the morning. Kriss was still asleep next to me. Feeing a little out of place and a little bliss. I looked around his room. It was neat, tidy and decorated with paintings.

Suddenly, my phone had a text message. I didn't want to wake Kriss up, so I slowly got out of bed.

"Maine, what pizza flavour should I order?- JV"  

One of my best friend is texting me what kind of pizza should she get instead of asking why am I not in school. Unbelievable.

"Classified Chicken, it's the best."

As I crawled back onto the bed, Kriss asked who was I texting so early in the morning. In which, I told him that one of my best friend is asking me aboout pizza instead of where am I, resulting in a burst of laughter.

As I laid back down to sleep with my back towards Kriss, he puts his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to him. This made my heart beat out of my chest and...

I fell back asleep.

*****

When I woke up, he was standing by the window, looking outside. So, I stood next to him asking him what is he looking at. 

"Nothing. Just staring into space."

"Okay... And what's that feather duster doing on your neighbour's roof???"

He said nothing but laughed.

"It must be your doing, then."

"No, it isn't. Anyway... it is 2 in the afternoon, should we go grab lunch?" he asked, subtly changing the feather duster topic.

So, we went for lunch. And talked about the stupid things we did last night while walking back to his place. 

"What? I was drunk? Hey, you were the one peeing behind some bush, okay..." I said while laughing like a mad woman in the coffee shop.

"Shush, woman! Not so loud! Okay, I can't believe I did that. But I really had to pee at that time, okay."

Kriss sent me home after lunch. Don't know why, but I think I might have some feelings for this guy. He wasn't who I thought he was. He looks like a bad boy, but inside, he was really sweet.

Somehow, he reminded me a little of 'him'.

☆ End of Chapter 7 ☆