Friendship Bonding

Shadow's POV

Next morning

I was down by (Y/N)'s side of the castle, fixing her up a meal. I hope she likes it. I went up to her and she was looking out the window. "(Y/N)?" she snapped out of her daze and said, "Oh, Lancelot! Sorry about that, and thanks for the meal" "No problem. Um, if you don't mind me asking, why were you daydreaming?" "Oh, it's nothing" "You can tell me" "Okay. I was daydreaming about the outside world. I really want to know what it's really like. I've seen it so many times, but never went out.

My grandparents tried it once, but the never made it out alive, unfortunately, but that's because they weren't careful. I really needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for letting me tell you" she seemed so eager to get out of this castle. "Wow, you're really eager" "Yeah, I really want to see it" "I've seen it" "You have?! What's it like?"

"It's cool, well, when it's summer, anyway. The trees are green, it's really colorful and bright..." "It sounds amazing... I'm glad I have a friend like you" "A friend? I'm your friend?" "Of course, why wouldn't you be?" "It's just that, no one would ever want to be my friend, because I'm a knight and people think I'm too busy and I don't have feelings" "But I think differently." and she smiled. She actually wants to be my friend. "See ya, Lancelot" "Uh, could you call me Shadow?" "Is that your real name?" "Yes... " " Sure! I like that name better. Bye, Shadow"