It's All My Fault

The next day

Your POV

I am so depressed. I miss Shadow and it's only been a month. I miss having someone to talk to, someone who understands me. I am allowed to at least visit him, but I don't want to see him behind bars. I visited him on a regular basis, like a few hours I stay there. I went to him the first time and I still cry over our conversation.

Flashback!

I changed into a simple dress and went down to see Shadow. I saw him and it brought tears to my eyes. He looked down, but I could see that he was crying and on the walls he wrote things about me, like Shadow + (Y/N) and I miss you, (Y/N). It broke my heart. "Shadow?" "Oh, hey, (Y/N)" "You okay?" "Not really. I miss things being the way they were before I got locked up. I miss going on missions, I miss having people to casually talk to, and most of all, I miss you"

"I miss you too, but I can't bribe my parents to let you out" "Not even reasoning with them?" "Nothing. This is all my fault" "What are you talking about?" "It's my fault that you're locked in this dungeon. I'm the one who wanted to see the world, got you involved and got you in prison" "Yeah, but I'm the one took you out in the first place." "Because I wanted you to. I'm the one who should take the blame" tears rolled down my cheeks, but Shadow pushed his hand through the bars, and he wiped them away and cupped my cheek.

"It's not your fault. What's important is that your parents know you're safe from the outside world, and that I know you're safe." I cried a little more but he wiped them away. I leant my forehead against the bars and Shadow did the same, leaning his forehead against mine in the gap between the bars. "I love you, Shadow" "I love you too, (Y/N)"

Flashback end

I cry for him everyday and spend most of my time visiting him and staying up in my room, thinking about him.