•Chapter 8•

After dinner, Fabian and Eddie prepared to leave to search the woods. They filled back packs with ropes, tools, flashlights, and of course their cellphones. They couldn't bring any weapons of course, because that wasn't allowed on campus.

"Be careful!" Patricia kissed Eddies cheek and hugged him.

"I will, I will." He laughed and took her hands in his. They were on the porch of Anubis House.  "I'll be back before you know it. And leave your phone turned up just in case."

"Oh course." She agreed.

He put his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately on the lips.

"Fabian you better be careful." Amber said.

"Amber, I'm capable of this." He tensed up.

"Aren't you going to say by to Mara, you know just in case of..." She made a death jester with her hand.

"I've tried and she won't talk to me." He said. "Seriously, I don't understand women."

"Well, be careful." She hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, Amber." He smiled.

"Are you ready?" Eddie asked Fabian.

Fabian looked at everyone standing around them (Amber, Alfie, Patricia, and KT) and said, "Let do this."

~~~~
Jerome disappeared after super to the exact same spot he met the male figure a few days prior. It was about two hours before sun down, so they had to be quick about it.

"What do you have for me boy?" The man asked.

"They know about Nina." Jerome spilled.

"What!?" The man became infuriated. "How could you let this happen?"

"Me? They said they heard her in the clearing." Jerome defended.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Y-yes sir." Jerome stuttered.

"Clark, if I find out she's missing, it won't be good for your friends." He pointed his finger in his face.

"Why is all this my responsibility?" Jerome asked.

"Because, they cannot know I'm back! I need someone like you to tell me what's going on." He said.

"With all do respect, your acting like Ruffus." Jerome related.

"Don't you DARE compare me to that disgrace of a person! I'm only doing this to protect Eddie from receiving his powers again." He sighed.

"I thought the touch stone took them away-"

"I did! Don't you get it? I took them away! I told him what to do and that's why I have it. So he won't regain it. Because if he does regain his powers, he can break Martin free!" The man argued.

"Why did you take her anyway?" Jerome asked.

"Stop asking me questions and go find me answers!" The man shouted.
Jerome quickly walked off, pretending as though nothing happened, but it did in fact happen.

~~~~

Eddie and Fabian edged closer to the clearing and decided to pick up the pace a bit until they reached the spot- the spot where Eddie lost his powers. They took a moment to recollect the thought and shivers ran down their backs.