•Chapter 9•

"Eddie!" Fabian shouted. "Eddie please wake up!" Eddie had collapsed on the ground and had been there for quite some time. Fabian pulled out his phone but there was no signal...

He thought again on what he should do and decided to pore water on his face to see if that would do the trick. And it did.

Eddie shot up quickly off the ground and sat up gasping for air.

"Are you alright?" Fabian asked.

"N-Nina....I-I, Shack." Was all Eddie could say, still regaining consciousness and air for that matter.

"Whoa whoa, slow down and breath." Fabian calmed. Eddie slowed his breathing and eventually was able to talk and all there.
"Now, what happened?"

"I had a vision." Eddie said.

"I got that, but what about Nina and a Shack?" Fabian said confused.

"I-I found her dead by this shack. I think that's where she is." Eddie balanced himself on the tree beside him and rose to his feet.

"Or that she's dead." Fabian drifted.

"No, I didn't actually see her body. All I saw was...never mind that," he trailed, "I think I know where she is at, or at least where a clue could be hidden." Eddie started jogging. "Come on, Fabian!"

Fabian caught up with Eddie as they ran further into the woods. But about 500 feet away laid an old, tiny, abandoned shack.

"That's it!" Eddie whisper screamed.

"Are you sure?" Fabian said loud.

Eddie shushed him. "Don't be so loud!" He stated. They went inside the shack but didn't find anything but old shovels and rakes.

"This doesn't make since. There has to be something in here." Eddie searched some more.
Fabian was looking on the opposite side of the shack until he stubbled across a metal handle on the ground.

"Ow!" He whisper screamed.

"Are you okay?" Eddie asked.

"Yeah, I just stubbed my foot on something." Fabian said. Eddie looked down and realized that that wasn't just "something" it was in fact a handle to a secret door built underneath the ground.

"Fabian you genius!" Eddie opened it up and smiled big at Fabian.

"It's what I do." He buffed up.

Eddie climbed down the latter to another opening underground.

"Eddie! What are you doing?" Fabian exclaimed in a hush tone.

"Looking for Nina. Come on!" Eddie suggested.
Fabian climbed down and followed closely behind as they came upon a metal door...

~~~~

It was about thirty minutes until sundown when Jerome walked into Anubis house. Alfie and Amber were in his room; Joy, Willow, and Patricia were upstairs; and Mara was in the living room doing homework...or at least trying to.

Jerome walked in seeming a little shaken up. But Mara was in much worse shape. She had her face buried into her hands and was sobbing, not even caring that others could see.

"Mara?" Jerome called out.
Mara quickly rose up her head and wiped the tears away, pretending as through nothing happened.
"Are you alright?" He asked.