Chapter Two

Lola's PoV
As I'm emerging from the bathroom Layla is stood near the bar. She comes to see me often when I'm in the club at 11 dealing with orders.
"What's wrong with you?" She says as I walk over to her
"Tummy bug, I keep being sick"
"Well should you be here?"
"I feel okay, I think I've just eaten something that doesn't agree with me"
"Lola..." She says it slowly like she's thinking something that I don't want to know. "Are you sure it's a tummy bug?"
"Obviously, what else is it going to be?"
"I mean have you not thought of other reasons why you might be sick? You could be pregnant Lola"
"What?! No that's impossible I take my pill every day plus what makes you think that?"
"Well you were complaining about your boobs being sore last week and you didn't know why and the fact that you're now being sick makes me think"
"....b but I can't be, not yet...me and Matthew aren't ready yet!" I say tears threatening to spill.
"Hey hey don't cry you'll be fine. I'll go to boots and pick up some tests okay? You can do them whenever you want but then you have them for when you're ready"
I nod "okay"
Layla goes and I try and get back to work and make myself not think about the possibilities. I can't say I wouldn't be happy if I was pregnant because that would mean having a child with the man I love most in this world and to me that is extremely exciting. But I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I don't think Matthew and I have discussed it enough. We both wanted to wait till after the honeymoon and wait till we've been a proper married couple first.

Layla comes back a while later with more than just a boots  bag.
"I got a little carried away, they had the Estée Lauder foundation I've been after for a while and I also bobbed into Lindt and got us our favourite chocolate and I picked up these from body shop too"
"Okay so you basically went on a shopping spree?" I laugh.
"Yeah pretty much" she says handing me a box of Lindt.
"Thankyou! You didn't have to do that" I say opening the box. Damn I love this girl.
"I know I didn't have to, I wanted to. Now do you want to take the test and do them with Matthew? Or do them on your own and then tell him or do them now?"
I think for a while, this is the most difficult situation I've been in. Part of me wants to go home and wait and do it with Matthew but the other part of me wants to do it now then I know for definite.
"I'll go do them now and then we can wait the three minuets together. I don't think I can wait much longer" I state. Layla grabs the Boots bag and hands me the three boxes of pregnancy tests she'd picked up. I nervously make my way to the bathroom. 
"It might be easier to pee in a cup then you know you can do them all" she shouts after me. 

This is not how I planned my morning to go. I pee into a cup, the nerves doubling by the minuet. I don't know what to think or feel as I put the sticks in. Breathe Lola, stay calm and just breathe.
I wander back out to Layla with the sticks wrapped in tissue. Layla places some newspaper on the counter. 

"doubt you'd want pee on your counters" she states as I place the three tests down. I set my phone timer for three minuets in the bathroom and it now reads 1:56. 

"Lola listen to me, no matter what these tests read you will be fine. You have a great career so moneys not an issue you're with the man you love and you're soon to be married so if you are it's not like you won't be ready." that does really help. Everything will be fine. 

That is until my phone beeps. I read the tests...

all three positive.