Chapter six

Lola's POV
The appointment went really well and it was confirmed that I am in fact pregnant. Matthew and I got the all clear and the baby is healthy and growing well. I'm 8 weeks and we've booked our 12 week scan that I've made sure Matthew can attend.

***

I sit nervously waiting for my 12 week scan. The past 4 weeks consisted of work and looking forward to seeing our baby for the first time. Me and Matthew agreed we wouldn't tell anyone (par melody who he decided to tell without me) until we had our scan to show and make sure everything was how it should be. Matthew still hasn't shown up and I'm nearly about to go into see the doctor. Another 5 minutes pass and he still isn't here. I ring him and it goes straight to voicemail. Where the hell is he!?
The midwife or nurse I'm not quite sure...calls my name and I want to cry. He's not even shown up or bothered to ring. He told me he'd be here, to make sure our baby is alright. I'm so mad at him right now.
"Right this way Miss Mckenzie" I'm taken to the room and I'm told to sit on the bed.
"So this is your first scan?"
"Yes, my fiancé is supposed to be here but I guess work has got him caught up"
"Do you want to wait?"
"No it's okay, I'll have a picture at the end won't i?"
"Yeah of course"
She proceeds to then squirt a cold gel on my belly and soon enough the monitor is gliding round spreading the gel round.
The moment I see my baby on the screen takes my breath away...
At that moment I received a text.
Matthew: I'm so so sorry babe! I got stuck at a meeting at work! I promise I'll make it up to you.
I put my phone away angry and upset if this is how it's going to be, I'll be raising this baby on my own.
I look back at the screen, even though it's no more than a blob it's proof of the life inside of me.
Once we're done I get a few print outs and gead home trying to keep my head clear and not get too angry.
It takes Matthew another 2 hours to come home! I really can't believe him that he'd miss our first scan appointment and only text me.
My brain goes into overdrive and I start thinking what if this happened all the time and he couldn't make time for me and our baby, I'd practically bring him/her up on my own. I don't want that.
I hear the door and I walk through the house unprepared to see him stood there with a huge bunch of flowers.
Really?
He thinks I'll be fine because he's brought me flowers?
"I can't believe you" I state.
"Listen, I'm honestly so sorry for missing it, I wanted to be there more than anything. I just couldn't drop everything, a CEO flew in from Canada and I was the one that had to deal with it. I promise I'll make it up to you"
"Matthew, spending money isn't going to make it up to me if that's what you're thinking! We've had this sorted for weeks! Do you realise that this isn't some pick and choose thing when you do and don't turn up, it's our baby."

Matthew's POV
Shit. I'd definitely fucked up. I wanted to be there more than anything but I couldn't even get to my phone to even ring her to make her change the date, everything happened all at once and so quickly.
"Don't you think I know that? I feel awful for missing it babe I really do, but I can't change it now and I promise I'll be there from now on" I reply.
"There's your baby" she states as she throws a scan on the table and begins to walk to our room. I look at the picture and it's nothing more than a black blob, but it's proof that there's a baby inside her that we both created.
I grab a drink of water and then the next thing I hear is the shower running.
She really is mad at me, she never goes for one without telling me. Normally she tells me she's going for a shower with her eyebrows raised and a smirk on her lips, and then walks off with her ass in my complete vision. Which automatically makes my dick stir and we end up sharing the shower...
I sit and wait in the bedroom for her to finish, it's going to take time for her to stop being mad at me. She comes out of the shower with a towel wrapped round her.
I hold the baby scan in my hand, baby Pierce.
"I don't know how to tell you how sorry I am Lola. I love you and this baby more than life itself, and you've no idea how much I hate myself for this..."
"You've no idea what this makes me feel though. It makes me worry that your work will come before the baby. That you'll miss the gender scan in case something comes up...you'll miss the birth, or its first word, or first steps...I don't wanna be like a single mum Matthew."
"I know babe, and you won't be, if need be I'll get someone to run the company with me so I'll have way more time with you and the baby. Today will never happen again. I promise you babe"
"Yeah well, I'm stopping in the spare room tonight, you've not just angered me Matthew but you've actually upset me"
Fuck.

Lola's POV
I didn't really think this through as I lay in the spare bed lonely and really wanting Matthew. Yes what he did was a shitty thing but I can see he regret and hurt in his eyes. I look at the time and see it's 20 past 11.
Not going to lie I've always loved sex with Matthew but the past few weeks I've wanted it more than I've ever wanted it before...and right now is one of them times.
Even when I'm trying to be mad, which seems to have gone, I still want him.
Fuck it.
I climb out of the bed and make my way across the hall to our bedroom and see Matthew led in bed, I can't tell if he's awake due to his back facing me but I don't hesitate.
I climb over to my side and he looks at me.
"Lola?"
"Shhhh, don't talk"
I say as I passionately kiss him. I roll on top of him and straddle him, grinding on him. I can feel him become hard beneath me.
So I guess I'm a push over and totally forgive him, but I'll make it clear to him that if he does it again I'll be more than angry and upset with him.
I can certainly say the night ended better than expected.

~~~~~
I've no experience in the scans and pregnancy stuff so if it's all wrong then I'm sorry 😩😂
Sorry for the long wait!