Chapter Twelve

Lola's Pov
I feel a kiss on my forehead as I fall out of my deep sleep. I open one eye to see Matthew in his suit ready for work. I look at the clock and see it's only 6:30am.
"How come you're leaving so early?" My coarse morning voice states.
"I need to be at the office to plan a presentation that starts at 9. I was only told about it last minute. I'll be home early though and I thought me and you could have a nice date night and some well needed us time" he smiles at me.
"mm hmm" I respond still wanting more sleep. I allow my eyes to shut and feel him stoke my hair before hearing his footsteps leave the room.
Its after 8 when I get out of bed and get showered. I don't really have anything major that needs doing today so thought I'd make a start at looking at wedding dresses. We've not really spoke about a date yet, we was going to plan for summer but with the pregnancy now i'm not sure if we'll wait till after the baby's born. That is something we can discuss tonight on our date night.

I give a quick text to Layla to see if shes free for the day, I still don't know her work schedule. she replies quickly saying that shes free all day and that if I am we need to meet today asap as she misses me.
I give her a call, she picks up on the first ring.
"Hey girl, I miss you!"
"I know I miss you too! I have a complete free day until mine and Matthews date night and I was wondering if you'd like to join me on wedding dress shopping. I've just been online and I've no idea where to even start and what style I even want unless I some on. I could really use the help and thought we could get lunch out too and properly catch up"
"omg yesss! I'd be honoured"
"oh good! ill pick you up in an hour!"
Its 10am when I arrive outside Layla's house. she ruses out and climbs in the car and gives me a huge hug.
"omg I'm so excited for this!! A well needed girly day!" she states as I pull off her driveway.
"i know I agree"
I pull into a parking space near the bridal shop that's been My go to place from the day we got engaged. I walk in and feel so overwhelmed with the amount of dresses of all shades, sizes and shapes. A women greets us straight away and rushes to our assistance.
"hello, you must be Lola! I'm so honoured you're here. I'm Helen the owner. Do you know what dress it is you're after or are you wanting to try different styles to see what suits you best?" she asks
"I've no idea on even where to start so I'm guessing trying different styles would be best"
"lovely then I'll gather a few that I think would be perfect, do you have any specifics?" she adds
"not really other than for them to have some sparkle or Glam"
she rushes off to find some dresses and Layla sits on a buffet in the corner.
"this is so exciting, do you not even have an idea on the style you want?"
"no, I've never really done styles other than the long gowns I wear for posh dinners with Matthew, I've never really tried fishtail or princess so it'll be nice to see what they all look like on"
Helen comes back with her arms full of roughly five dresses.
"so I picked out a few, some more blingy than others but we're going for style first anyhow so I got all the styles I think you might like, if you want to follow me into the changing room we'll get on the first dress"
                                        ***
Stood in front of the full length mirror I stare at the beautiful Ivory lace dress that covers my curves perfectly. I do feel stunning in it however I feel as though there is something missing. With this being the first dress I have tried on it is making me emotional. The style she had me try on first was the typical sheath style that skims my body and falls straight to the floor. This is the style dress I wear to any fancy meal or function I need to go to with Matthew. I think that's the reason I'm feeling like something is missing as I'm not feeling that wow as I'm used to seeing myself in this style dress. I go out and show Layla.
"Wow" she says. "You look stunning!"
I smile "thank you, but this definitely isn't the style I want though, I want it to really wow me" 

"yes I agree, this is only the first dress you've tried on anyhow" Layla states "so next" she laughs. 

I proceed to try on different style dresses for the next hour or so. The main styles standing out to me being a more puffy A line dress and the princess ball gown. After an few hours we decide that I've tried enough dresses on and we both decide to go across the street to the coffee shop.

When we walk into the coffee shop I scan the room and notice a man sat in the corner with a cap on trying his best to keep his face covered. My heart races and a feel panic rising as the thought of it being Alec suffocates my brain. Layla knocks me out of my panic by asking me what I want and I tear my gaze away from the mysterious man to answer her. we walk towards the cashier and I take a glance back at the table which now lies empty with only a dirty coffee cup.