Chapter Thirteen

"Earth to Lola...hello" Layla interrupts my thoughts.
"Sorry what" I reply.
"Whats wrong with you? it looks like you've seen a ghost"
"Oh, nothing, I thought I saw someone"
We grab our drinks and take a seat. I quickly get my phone out and message Matthew to tell him  what had happened. The minute I press send his read recipient pops up and my phone begins to ring. I sigh, "sorry Layla, I've got to take this" I step outside for a minute to answer Matthews call. 
"Lola, I'm picking you up. I don't care what you're doing. Fuck. I knew we should have security with you at all times but your stubborn ass wouldn't allow it." he sighs. "ill be there in 10 minutes"
"Wait no, I'm having coffee with Layla and I'm fine, plus you're at work"
"This is not up for discussion Lola, I'm in the car. We're going home and we're sorting security out! Ask Layla if she doesn't mind driving your car home"
I sigh, hes so frustrating to deal with. I did deny his 24/7 security because I didn't think I would need it. It's very rare that I'm on my own anyway.
"Matthew, you're being ridiculous! I can drive Layla home and meet you back at the house"
He sighs down the phone.
"Fine. But if you're not there in 20 minutes I swear I'll send out a search party"
I shake my head and end the call.
I go back to the table and tell Layla what's happened. She panics for me and totally agrees with Matthew. I knew she would.

I pull into the driveway and see Matthews car already parked. This should be fun.
I walk in and Matthews on the phone already stressing at someone and being very demanding.
Although that side of him really does turns me on, now wasn't the right time.
I place my keys and bag on the side and he looks in my direction.
"I said get it sorted so do it" he puts the phone down. "Lola. I've organised security for you they'll be with you at all times when you're out. I don't want you arguing or trying to persuade me otherwise"
"Matthew, please calm down. I will have the damn security."
"Lola, I don't think you understand how serious this is, there's isn't Just you and me anymore! You're carrying our baby"
"I know...but going all caveman isn't going to solve any of this. Yes the security will help but did you really need to panic the way you just did"
"You don't realise do you? You're the only person in the whole entire world I care about more than anything. The thought of loosing you...." he stops, closing his eyes like he can't bare the thought. I walk over to him placing both my hands on his face.
I smirk "you ain't getting rid of me that easy Mr Pierce"
He pulls me close. Kissing me passionately.
"Damn right I'm not" he says between kisses.
My heart glows, this man never fails to amaze me. I think I can't love him anymore than I already do but some how manage to love him a little more each and every day.

***
I have security with me 24/7 just like he said and I hate it. I can't even go to the coffee shop without being followed by a suited and booted security guard that just draws attention to me straight away. I have been assigned two different security guards Xander and Hunter. I've seen them train and boy was I impressed. They take alternate shifts and I no longer drive myself anywhere anymore. I miss being behind the wheel.

Today I need to be at the club for most of the day, we have a big sold out event happening and I need to sort out the last finishing touches. Its also the first day in which Matthew is helping Tamara out and I have an awful feeling about it.

Not many people know I'm pregnant but with me now beginning to show I should start maybe breaking the news to my staff and other people now that close family and friends have been told. I walk in and see all the staff busy setting up and making sure we are fully stocked. with events like this I help with most of it including going into the cellar and making sure all the barrels are ready to be changed if need be. However with them being rather heavy I should probably give that job up. I also doubt Matthew would be impressed if he knew.

"Hey Ethan" I say as I walk in, leaving Hunter to 'guard' the door. "how is everything coming along?"

Ethan is technically second in charge. I hired him due to his immaculate CV and after seeing him work I knew he would make the perfect assistant manager to the club. He is in change when I'm not around. All of the staff love him also.

"Everything is running smoothly. I've assigned everyone a job and got the bar staff sorted. Were going to be super busy so I thought it was best to sort that first. I've also set up a station that Millie and Erika are going to be on at the door. They are offering luminous face paint for the event, just something small like dots around the eyes or what not to match the decor"

"I love that idea!! I beam, And that is why he is perfect for this job. We have a new and upcoming DJ coming to perform along with fire dancers. the tickets went online and within a few hours they were sold out. there is only limited amounts on the door left. I'm super excited for the turnout.

"Okay so what's left to do? has the cellar been sorted yet?" I ask.

"No, we've only focused on up here for now, the barrels all need organising still. We've not really started on the VIP sections either." Ethan states.

"OK, so I know I usually help out downstairs but I won't be able to for the time being and I have a big announcement for you." I remove my fluffy poncho that is covering my tiny bump. "I'm pregnant so heavy duty work is off limits, we both know what Matthew is like" I chuckle.

"oh my! congratulations!!" he beams at me.

"Thank you! I've got some things I'd like to discuss with you, would you mind just coming into the office with me?"

"of course" he looks sceptical.

When we get into the office I grab the paperwork needed which is a new contract for Ethan if he accepts it will be extra hours and more authority.

"So as you're aware I will be taking a lot of time off in the upcoming months. So, if you're willing to accept I want you to run things in my absence just checking through things with me first. I have a new contract in place and obviously you'd be on a higher wage" I hand him the contract.

"I don't know what to say" he looks stunned and excited.

"Just read through this and get back to me, there's now rush in deciding although it needs to be before I go on maternity so I can show you all the ins and outs of actually running this place" I state.

"Thank you, I've no hesitation to say yes" he beams.

"I thought you might, I'll let you read through it and we'll organise a meeting to go through anything you don't understand and to make sure you're 100% sure on your decision" I state, happy he has taken the promotion well. He nods at me and makes his way back to work. I sigh allowing the thoughts to creep in that I have avoided so far. Matthew and Tamara. I 100% trust my fiancé, however I don't trust the she devil herself. I text Matthew to see how he is getting on with her, but I don't get a response.